Most Sony PSP owners just upgraded their firmware to 2.0 about a couple months ago, but Sony has released a 2.5 upgrade already.
According to Sony, here’s what’s new:
- Videos with DRM can be played
- Streaming Video Support
- Clock Set via Internet
- Location Free Wi-Fi TV Player has been added
- Unicode support in the Browser with automatic Encoding Detection
- Save your text size settings in the Browser
- Save your Browser input history (URLs)
- NTP (Network Time Protocol) support
- WPA and PSK have been added to network setting
- Korean input keyboard method
The 2.5 firmware update is only for customers who own the Sony PSP (PlayStation Portable) model number PSP-1001. If you don’t know what model PSP you own, take a look at the serial number located at the bottom of your PSP. The last seven digits of the serial number should end with PSP1001.