Is The The Apocalypse Already Upon Us?
Here’s the shortlist of recent signs that Armageddon is upon us:
- December 30: A tugboat operator comes across some of the 100,000 drum fish that popped to the surface of the Arkansas River. Experts insist that evidence points away from pollutants as the cause.
- December 25: Dead velvet crabs begin washing ashore in England, totaling some 25,000 crabs in the past few days. A similar event happened last year with 40,000 crab corpses. Cold water temps are thought to be at fault.
- December 31: Four thousand red-winged blackbirds fall from the sky in Beebe, Arkansas. Some researchers blame lightening, other skeptics suspect government testing.
- January 1: Over 100 tons of dead sardines show up on coastlines in Brazil. Cause, of course, unknown.
- January 4: Reports start pouring in of 500 more dead red-winged blackbirds and starlings in Louisiana. Some experts are guessing blood clots are to blame.
- January 4: News out of New Zealand discloses hundreds of dead snapper. The fish are deemed “unsafe to eat.” Thanks for that.
- January 4: Thousands of dead fish stink up Volusia County, Florida. Cold snaps are said to be at fault.
- January 5: Reports start surfacing about what ultimately turn out to be 100 dead jackdaws (birds) in the streets of Sweden. Researchers claim to have found the cause: death by bludgeoning at the hands of a blunt object.
- January 5: Two hundred dead American coots (also birds) line a highway in Texas. The suspected cause of death? Coincidentally being hit by fast moving cars.
- January 6: Hundreds of dead grackles (yes, birds) discovered roadside in Tennessee. Carcasses were too deteriorated to test for the cause of death.
- January 6: Approximately 2 million juvenile spot fish drop dead in the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland. Scientists suspect that the fish succumbed to “cold water stress” and/or disease.
- January 6: Thousands of dead turtle doves found tangled in trees in Italy. Their beaks have a mysterious blue stain. Cause: unknown
- January 8: Frogs start falling from the sky, fire erupts from the earth, humans are consumed by angry clouds.
Things Are Getting Weird
OK, maybe January 8th is yet to be seen — but this has moved from weird to eerie. Experts want to hold their illogical ground in claiming that these deaths are all unrelated. Quel coincidence!