IT departments have a tough job. Not only do they have to support an organization’s technical infrastructure, but all of the stupid users too. Here’s a mix of IT jokes, tech jokes, and funny computer jokes that will make IT professionals everywhere smile.
- Don’t use “beef stew” as a computer password. It’s not stroganoff.
2Wild Computer Parties
- Q: How does a computer get drunk?
- A: It takes screenshots.
3Why Do You Want To Send Me A Fax?
- Are you sending me something via fax? What is it, an essential document from 1993? ~ Via meetingboy
4Putting Your Computer Into Latin Mode
- A perplexed guy asked me for help. “The computer just started typing in Latin. I can’t understand it,” he said. It turns out he was typing in italics.
5The Definition Of Insanity
- Whoever said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, has obviously never had to reboot a computer. ~ William Petersen
6A Serious iPhone
- Q: What do you call an iPhone that isn’t kidding around?
- A: Dead Siri-ous
7Printer Jam Joke
- Printer Name: Bob Marley
- Reason: It’s always jammin’. Don’t worry, ’bout the ink. Cuz everything you print, gonna turn out white.
8Exciting Overhead Projector Presentations
- One thing that’s hard to explain to Millennials is how legitimately thrilling it used to be when someone would wheel an overhead projector into the room.
9A Second Opinion
- The computer in my high school classroom was acting up. After watching me struggle with it, a student explained that my hard drive had crashed. So I called our IT department. “Can someone look at my computer?” I asked. “The hard drive crashed.”
- “We can’t just send people down on your say-so,” said the IT specialist. “How do you know that’s the problem?”
- “A student told me.”
- “We’ll send someone right over.”
- Via @juliussharpe
10The Titanic Is Syncing
11What’s Grandma’s Email Address?
- My grandmother called to tell me she’d gotten an e-mail account. “Great,” I said. “Send me a message, so I’ll have your e-mail address.” I waited and waited, but she never sent it. Several days later, an envelope arrived — Grandma had written her info on a piece of paper and mailed it to me. ~ Meagan Lundgren
12Explaining Smartphones To A Time Traveler – Computer Jokes
- If someone from the 1950s time traveled into the future and suddenly appeared today, what would be the most challenging thing to explain about modern life? One answer: “I possess a device in my pocket that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get into arguments with strangers.” ~ Via Reddit
13Texting In The Cold
- As we waited for a bus in the frosty weather, the woman next to me mentioned that she makes a lot of mistakes when texting in the cold. I nodded knowingly. “It’s the early signs of typo-thermia.” ~ Phil Noyes
- “Not Waldo, Not Waldo, Not Waldo, Not Waldo, Not Waldo, Not Waldo, Not Waldo, Not Waldo, Waldo, Not Waldo.” — Where’s Waldo audiobook ~ @jasonmustian
15Dumb Phones vs. Smartphones – Tech Jokes
- I can still remember a time when I knew more than my phone. ~ @clarkekant
16Who Said Talk Is Cheap?
- Anyone who thinks “talk is cheap” obviously doesn’t have to pay the bills for employee’s phone bills.
17Terms & Conditions
- Q: What is the biggest lie in the entire universe?
- A: “I have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions.”
18A Microsoft Powerpoint Funny Computer Joke
- Q. Why did the PowerPoint Presentation cross the road?
- A. To get to the other slide.
19What Your Email Address Says About You
Here’s what your email address says about your computer skills:
- Own domain (e.g., @methodshop.com): You’re skilled and capable.
- @gmail.com: When the Internet stops working, you try rebooting the router before calling a family member for help.
- @hotmail.com: You still think that MySpace is hip.
- @yahoo.com: You send e-mail chain letters saying that Bill Gates will eat your hard drive unless you forward this message to everyone you know.
- @aol.com: You phone friends to tell them about a neat website, then say into the receiver, “OK, go to … h … t … t … p … colon … slash … w … w … w … dot …”
20LOL-ing In The Deep
- My computer suddenly started playing out, “Someone Like You.” It’s a Dell.
21Stupid Keyboard Joke
- I just got fired from my job at the keyboard factory. They told me I wasn’t putting in enough shifts.
22The Car Industry Vs. The Computer Industry: Funny Computer Jokes
- Bill Gates and the president of General Motors were having lunch. Gates boasted of the innovations his company had made. “If GM had kept up with technology the way Microsoft has, we’d all be driving $25 cars that get 1,000 MPG.”
- “I suppose that’s true,” the GM executive agreed. “But would you really want your car to crash twice a day?”
- My husband and I both work in IT, but he’s the one who truly lives, eats, and breathes computers. I finally realized how bad it had gotten when I was scratching his back one day. “No, not there,” he directed. “Scroll down.“
24My Computer’s Commute
- Q: Why did the computer show up at work late?
- A: It had a hard drive.
25Microsoft Office IT Jokes
- Person 1: Do you know how to use Outlook?
- Person 2: As a matter of fact, I Excel at it.
- Person 1: Was that a Microsoft Office pun?
- Person 2: Word.
26Over Analyzing A Computer Problem
- I’m at the library, and for some reason, when I plug my flash drive into the computer, it doesn’t show up. I keep trying, but nothing happens. As an IT major, I know I can figure this out. So I spend 15 minutes changing settings and inserting and removing the flash drive. Then a girl sitting next to me taps my shoulder and says, “You’re plugging into my computer, not yours.”
- Have you heard of that new band, “1023 Megabytes”? They’re pretty good, but they don’t have a gig yet.
28The Printer Business Is So Corrupt
- When my printer’s type began to grow faint, I called a local repair shop, where a friendly man informed me that the printer probably needed only to be cleaned. Because the store charged $50 for such cleanings, he told me I might be better off reading the printer’s manual and trying the job myself.
- Pleasantly surprised by his honesty, I asked, “Does your boss know that you discourage business?”
- “It’s my boss’s idea,” the employee replied sheepishly. “We usually make more money on repairs if we let people try to fix things themselves first.”
29Too Much Texting
- You know you’re texting too much when you’re happy when you get stopped at a red light.
30Digital Diet – Funny Computer Jokes
- The closest I’ve been to a diet this year is erasing food searches from my browser history. ~ @PaulyPeligroso