What office would be complete without a USB fish tank? The USB Mini Desktop Aquarium is the home to some very low maintenance tropical fish. These fish won’t starve or make a mess. They just drift around in the tank thanks to a small motor that generates a current. The aquarium is equipped with a high-intensity blue LED that illuminates the tank in dark environment. Both motor and LED can be independently switched off.
The LED and the water-current motor can be powered by USB connection or batteries. The package comes complete with the tank, two fish, and USB cable. Operation is simple! Just add water to the tank, connect the cable to your computer, and enjoy the aquarium.
- Can also be powered by 4 AA batteries (not included) for non USB operation
- Both the motor and the light can be switched on and off independently
- Each fish has a hinged tail for a more life-like appearance
- Includes: tank, two fish & a USB cable
- Unit Dimensions – 3.75″ (w) x 3.5″ (h) x 2.5″ (d)
What makes this gadget stand out is the little details. The tails of the fish constantly move, making them look alive. The blue light of the tank is soothing and adds to the realism. Even better, the aquarium doesn’t have to be cleaned and the fish don’t have to be fed. Plus the USB Mini Desktop Aquarium lists for under $10. Not a bad upgrade for your boring desk.