Yesterday Apple released a new version of their iTunes software, v6.0.2. The updated version is said to improve stability and performance as well as adding a few new features such as the MiniStore. A new version of Quicktime v7.0.4 is also included, which provides numerous bug fixes, support for iLife ’06, and H.264 video codec performance improvements.
New in iTunes:
* MiniStore – Discover new music as you enjoy your collection or import new CDs with MiniStore — right from your iTunes library.
* Sync Home Movies – Create iPod-compatible versions of your own movies using iTunes.
* AirTunes Enhancement – Simultaneously stream the same song wirelessly to up to three home stereos or powered speakers — using AirPort Express with AirTunes.
Minimum Sytem Requirements:
* Windows XP or 2000 (latest service packs recommended)
* 500 MHz Pentium class processor or better
* QuickTime 7.0.4 (included)
* 256MB RAM
* Supported CD-R or DVD-R drive to burn CDs
* Broadband Internet connection (DSL/Cable/LAN) for buying and streaming music
Additional Video Requirements:
* 1.5 GHz Pentium class processor or better
* 32MB video RAM
Note: After purchasing music from the iTunes Music Store with iTunes 6 or later, you will also need to upgrade your other computers that purchase music from the iTunes Music Store to the latest version of iTunes.