Are you still waiting for your iPhone 5 to come in the mail? Then this might make you feel better. Apparently people in the Netherlands, especially employees in AMEX’s marketing department, are still waiting to get the… iPhone 1G. In a newsletter that was sent out this morning, American Express UK (@AmexUK) included some new marketing materials that strangely feature a woman using an original Apple iPhone 1G, circa 2007.
Is the UK division of American Express in a time warp? Please help us let American Express (@AmericanExpress) know that the iPhone 5 is out by retweeting this blog post. Maybe Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, can send them a free one to use in future photo shoots.
Hat tip Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten
- The iPhone 5: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (methodshop.com)
- Apple’s Top 2 Marketing Challenges with the iPhone 5 (methodshop.com)
- 1G iPhone User Doesn’t Plan on Upgrading Anytime Soon [interview] (methodshop.com)
- Will the iPhone 5 Have a Gorilla Glass 2 Screen? (methodshop.com)
- Apple’s Shipping Strategy = Little Things in Small Packages (methodshop.com)