Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- Before Your Next Vacation or Business Trip, Setup Your Auto-Reply With Some Funny Out Of Office Messages
- Quitting Your Job: Funny Out Of Office Message Examples
- The Best Way To Quit A Job For A Graphic Designer
- Are Out Of Office Messages Unnecessary In Today's Modern Workforce?
- More Funny Out Of Office Messages?
Going on vacation, a business trip, or quitting your job? Before you leave your desk, you should probably set up some Out Of Office responses for your email. But your out of office replies don’t have to be boring and predictable. Get creative! In the spirit of the film Office Space, here are some funny out of office messages that you can copy or use for inspiration. Have a good time wherever you are going, even if it’s to a new job.
Before Your Next Vacation or Business Trip, Setup Your Auto-Reply With Some Funny Out Of Office Messages
- Don’t you love it when you send someone an email and you get an immediate response answering your question? Unfortunately, this is not one of those times. I’m currently out of the office. Sorry if this swift automated response gave you any false hopes.
- Thanks for your email. I’m currently on vacation with my family for the first time in (what seems like) forever. For urgent matters, ________ will help you. He/she doesn’t have a cape, but he/she is basically superwoman/man. See you real soon.
- At doctor. Pee-pee like fire.
- This is my away message. I’m currently out of the office “vacationing” with my in-laws. I would describe the experience as somewhere between purgatory and being waterboarded. Please call me with even the most minor emergency and give me an excuse to escape this nightmare — even if just for a few minutes.
- Congratulations! You are the lucky winner of (1) free automated email response and this email that you are reading right now is your prize. I’m currently out of the office but please email me again for another 100% chance to win!
- I am on vacation from _____ to _____. I will allow each sender one email. If you send me multiple emails, I will randomly delete your emails until it is pared down to one. Choose wisely. Please note that you already sent me one email.
- I’m not in the office right now but if it’s important, tweet me using #YOUAREINTERRUPTINGMYVACATION.
- I am on “paid leave” right now for two weeks. When I get back, I will be on “paid return”. Upon completing my one week of paid return, I will address any issues or questions you have at a pace I am comfortable with. This is most likely a pace that you will not be comfortable with.
- I will be out of the office until _____. I have incredibly easy access to my email, but I assure you, it will not be used for work purposes.
- I’m out of the office until _____, at which time I will promptly delete all of your emails.
- Sorry I missed your email. I’m currently out of the office for Christmas vacation. I’ll address your email upon my return. But perhaps you can help my family settle an ongoing debate: Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?
- Hey there, could you give me a call instead? I’d rather deal with this over the phone. If I don’t answer, just keep trying. I’ve been having issues with my phone.
- I am currently out of the office. If you can guess my cell phone number, then I will take your call.
- I will be out of the office from _____ to _____ without access to email. If this is an emergency, please call 911.
- I’m out of the office. If you have immediate questions or concerns, please contact my manager _____. If your questions or concerns are not immediate, you might want to ask yourself why you emailed me.
- I will be away from work for one week while training. When I return, don’t expect any improvement.
- I am currently in the office but swamped with work. This work was probably due to something you already requested. If you are sending me another request, go ahead and recall your email now.
- I am out of the office at the moment. Unfortunately, I’m returning tomorrow.
- I am away at lunch for the next hour or so. You should consider trying it. P.S. – This is not an invitation.
- Seacrest out!
- I like balloons and cheese.
- I am currently out of the office and probably out-of-my-mind drunk. Enjoy your workweek.
- I am currently in the bathroom dropping a deuce. If this is an urgent matter, it only takes me about 1 minute to take a dump, wipe my butt, properly wash my hands of the fecal matter, and return to my desk. Feel free to stop by my desk later and give me a high five!
- (For men only) I am currently out of the office on maternity leave.
- I am in the office but completely incapacitated by the monstrous Chinese buffet that I ate for lunch earlier today. It would be best if your questions waited until tomorrow. Otherwise, you can find me in the bathroom. Thanks.
- I’m away from my desk right now. I still have my cubicle, but someone took my desk. I went looking for it. I’ll respond to you when my desk gets back to my cubicle.
- I’m on vacation from now until _____. If you have any questions, issues, or concerns, please feel free to call my colleague _____ while I’m out. If you’re single, good-looking, and want to travel to Mexico to have a little “fun”, then call me ASAP.
- I’m out of the office due to a family emergency. The TV at my parent’s house the fritz and they are on the edge of killing each other. God forbid they actually talk to each other or do a puzzle together.
- You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, chances are you wouldn’t have received anything at all until next week anyway.
- I will be unable to delete the email you just sent me until I return from vacation on _____. Please be patient and your email will be deleted in the order it was received.
- The e-mail server is unable to verify your server connection and is unable to deliver this message. Please restart your computer and try sending again.’ (The beauty of this is that when you return, you can see how many idiots did this over and over.)
- Hi. I’m thinking about what you’ve just sent me. Please wait by your computer for my response.
- If you’re reading this, Doc Brown was unable to make lightning strike the clock tower, and I’m stuck in 1985. I won’t be able to respond to emails or voicemail until ________, or until email technology is invented — whatever comes first.
- I will be out of the office for the next 2 weeks for medical reasons. When I return, please refer to me as ‘Loretta’ instead of ‘Steve’.
- I am out of the office and camping in the woods with my family, far away from Internet access. This means I won’t see your emails until I return on ________. Thanks.
- I am out of the office from ________ to ________ and will not be checking email. It’s likely your message will be swallowed in the abyss of my inbox. If you require a response, please re-send your email after I return on ________.
- I decided to take the morning off. Long story, but I have to drop off Pat O’Brien and David Hasselhoff after an evening of one too many cocktails and copious amounts of booger sugar. I will respond to your email when I arrive at noon.
- I am out of order until further notice.
- Tag! You’re it.
- 👩🏻 ➕ 👶 🚘 🛣 ➡️ 🏖
💁🏻♀️ 🍷 ☀️ 🍽 🍹 ✅
🙅🏻♀️ 🙅🏻♀️ 💻 👎🏼 👎🏼 📱 🙅🏻♀️ 🙅🏻♀️
Quitting Your Job: Funny Out Of Office Message Examples
- I will be out of the office until… hell freezes over. I quit!
- I am currently interviewing for a new job. Upon my return, I hope to give my two weeks’ notice and never respond to your email.
- I am no longer able to check my email. The company and I came to a compromise and I am no longer able to come within 500 feet of the building. In exchange, I will not serve any time. Thanks for your understanding and I hope you find what you’re looking for, but it’s very likely that I stole it.
- Dear friends and foes, it is with great pleasure that I tell you I will no longer be responding to your emails as I no longer work for this company.
- Hi! I’m busy negotiating the salary for my new job. Don’t bother to leave me any messages.
- I am no longer working for the company. My last day was _____. The date is only provided for you to witness how long it takes IT to shut down my email address.
- I am currently out at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail to get the position.
- They say the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. I am currently testing that theory. Wish me luck. I quit.
- Over the past _____ years, I have provided you with many answers. Many of you thought I was incredibly resourceful. I may be gone, but you can still find the answers to all of your questions here.
- I left the company to pursue my dreams. If you need to reach me, I’ll be sitting on my couch watching TV.
- Error 404: INSERT YOUR JOB TITLE HERE not found.
- On a beach. No laptop. No phone. No job. No reply.
- Sorry to have missed you, but I am at the doctors having my brain removed so that I may be promoted to management. Oh, never mind. I quit!
- I’m out of the office, and probably really drunk and hooking up in a threesome with some cuties from HR. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have been so honest with this auto-response.
- I’ve run away to join a different circus. I quit.
The Best Way To Quit A Job For A Graphic Designer
If you’re a graphic designer, here’s a very job appropriate way to quit. Instead of writing a letter of resignation or creating an “I quit” out of office autoresponder in his email account, he chose to inform the company he was quitting via a mockup of a system alert. He made the mockup image of his desktop background and walked out the door without telling anyone. One of his coworkers eventually saw the alert and told the HR department.
Are Out Of Office Messages Unnecessary In Today’s Modern Workforce?
In a society where we are always connected by our smartphones, are OOO messages even necessary? Some people, like Tyler Brûlé, the editor at Monocle, feel that out of office messages are an outdated concept today’s modern workforce. In 2018, he told the Financial Times that OOO messages are “out of step with the ways of the modern working world” and only used by people who have a “fondness for wearing sweatpants.” I wonder what he’d think about funny out of office messages?
Even if you aren’t a strong believer in uninterrupted holidays (and sweatpants), out of office messages at least let people know that you are currently “out of pocket” and may not reply to them right away. Even with a smartphone, while you’re away from the office, you might be unable to reply to an email. Remote campgrounds or international flights will prevent you from accessing the Internet. And things, like attending a funeral or having a baby, will have your focus elsewhere. Despite what douchebag bosses like Tyler Brûlé think, you should probably still set up an out of office message (or better, a funny out of office message) before you leave your desk.
More Funny Out Of Office Messages?
Thanks for reading our list of fun out of office messages. Don’t forget to add a few emojis to your auto-replies for an extra touch. Hopefully, you were able to use these templates in your our of office email reply. If you have any fun out of office replies that you didn’t see listed here, then please let us know in the comments.