Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- Inadvertently Leaking Confidential Information To AI Platforms
- Privacy Concerns
- Business Risks For Employees Using ChatGPT
- How Companies Can Reduce The Risks Of Employees Using AI Chatbots
Employees at Apple were told to limit their use of AI technology such as OpenAI’s ChatGPT and GitHub’s Copilot. Why? Apple has serious concerns about how AI platforms both use confidential information and what access moderators have to chatbot conversations.
Here’s why ChatGPT was banned at Apple.
Inadvertently Leaking Confidential Information To AI Platforms
This move was prompted by worries that artificial intelligence platforms could inadvertently divulge any confidential information that gets entered into these tools. Other companies, including J.P. Morgan, Verizon, and Amazon have also implemented similar ChatGPT bans.
Apple has restricted employee use of AI tools like OpenAI’s ChatGPT and GitHub’s Copilot due to concerns about data leaks and privacy violations.
The collection of user interactions with ChatGPT by OpenAI has raised concerns about privacy. User’s conversations with AI chatbots are stored to help train the AI and can be reviewed by moderators, which may compromise users’ privacy. Although OpenAI introduced a feature to turn off chat history, conversations are still retained for 30 days and can be inspected before permanent deletion.
Business Risks For Employees Using ChatGPT
Here are some of the business risks associated with employees using AI tools:
- Data Leaks: AI tools can be used to collect and store large amounts of data. The AI may use this data, even if it’s confidential, in future chatbot sessions.
- Privacy violations: Conversations with chatbots are not private. Chat sessions are stored and can be accessed by platform moderators.
- Bias: AI tools may have biases. Since they were trained using datasets that contain bias, their responses may be biased.
How Companies Can Reduce The Risks Of Employees Using AI Chatbots
As AI tools become more widespread, it is important for businesses to be aware of the risks and take steps to mitigate them.
- Educating employees about the risks of using AI tools.
- Implementing security measures to protect data.
- Developing policies and procedures to ensure that AI tools are used responsibly.
ChatGPT Bans Show A Growing Concern With How AI Technology Is Used In The Workplace
As more companies institute ChatGPT bans, it shows a growing concern about how these technologies are being used in the workplace. As AI tools become more powerful and widespread, it is important to ensure that they are used in a safe and responsible manner.