What if you could live in a home rent free for a year? Just think how much money you could save? And what if that opportunity to live rent free was as easy as leaving your hand on a wall?
In this Mr. Beast competition called “Last To Take Hand Off House Keeps It”, a group of 5 guys embarked on a challenge to live in a house rent free for one year. The stakes were high, and the last person to take their hand off the house would be the lucky winner.
Last One to Take Their Hand Off the House Wins: A Wild Challenge From Mr. Beast
The “Last To Take Hand Off House Keeps It” challenge began with lucky participants who live in Mr. Beast’s hometown in North Carolina. The challenge was not only about winning a a rent free house for a year, but also about escaping uncomfortable living situations.
- Chandler lives with his parents, and desperately wants to move out. Comparing himself to a butterfly, he said he wanted freedom.
- Jake, a 26-year-old living with his parents, was tired of the awkwardness of bringing girls home. He wanted to have his own space. Plus, his parents were kicking him out.
- Garrett, on the other hand, desired privacy and freedom to walk around naked without roommates.
- Bailey, a new arrival in town, needed a place to stay. He’s also one of the editors for the Mr. Beast YouTube channel.
- Chris, a regular on Mr. Beast’s YouTube channel, just wants a house.
The Rules… and Punishments
To ensure fair play, the rules were laid out clearly. Participants were not allowed to sit or switch hands. They had to stay standing and keep the same hand on the house the entire time. To help ensure transparency, the challenge was being recorded by a camera for Mr. Beast’s YouTube channel.
The last person to take their hand off the house would win the opportunity to live there rent-free for one year.
In a twist, the organizers of this Mr. Beast competition decided to introduce punishments for those who quit. The contestants who gave up would face whipped cream or eggs to the face, adding an element of embarrassment to losing the competition.
Throughout the “Last To Take Hand Off House Keeps It” challenge, several pranks were dished out to keep the four contestants on their toes. These pranks added an extra layer of excitement to the competition.
- Nerf Gun Attack: For the first prank, Mr. Beast shot the contestants with a Nerf gun.
- Potatoes & Eggs: Mr. Beast threw potatoes and eggs at the contestants.
- Bad Lunch Orders: After 5 hours, it was time for lunch. Mr. Beast let each contestant anonymously order for another contestant. They all secretly chose food that they knew the others would hate or at least dislike.
- Pickle Toss: Chandler, who has an irrational fear of pickles, ran away after a pickle was thrown near him. That’s all it took for him to walk away. A few pickles scared him enough to give up the opportunity to win a house.
- Garbage Dump: A bag of garbage, full of eggs, was dumped on the heads of the contestants. But that didn’t make the final three contestants give up.
Who Won This Mr. Beast Competition?
The “Last One to Take Their Hand Off the House” challenge was a funny and unpredictable Mr. Beast competition.
- Chris was the first to take his hand off the wall. He had a doctor’s appointment and had to walk away.
- Chandler ran away after a pickle was thrown near him.
- Garrett walked away (after getting whipped creamed in the face) after Mr. Beast placed a wad of money on the table. He didn’t get a free house, but he did get an unknown pile of cash.
But ultimately, there were two winners.
Jake and Bailey’s decision to split the prize and live together showcased the power of negotiation and compromise. The challenge not only provided a new home for the winners but also made them instant roommates. For them, it’s not just about the prize—it’s now about the bonds of friendship formed along the way.
Owning your first home is an exciting life goal. Just saving enough money to make a house downpayment can take years of careful budgeting and saving.
What do you think of the “Last To Take Hand Off House Keeps It” video? If they did it again, would you want to participate in this Mr. Beast competition? Would you win?
Frank Wilson is a retired teacher with over 30 years of combined experience in the education, small business technology, and real estate business. He now blogs as a hobby and spends most days tinkering with old computers. Wilson is passionate about tech, enjoys fishing, and loves drinking beer.