Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- Who Really Gives The Order?
- Why Don’t You Get A Job Pussycat
- Always Keep Your Priorities Straight: Money, Power, Women
- This is paradise.
- Everybody’s dead.
- I work hard for this. I want you to know that.
- I didn’t come to the United States to break my ________ back.
- You should have kept your mouth shut.
- Working In Alaska
- I Could Go Right To The Top
- Who Do I Trust?
- Don’t Mess With The Wrong Person
- Sheep And Communists
- All I Have In This World Is My Balls And My Word
- You Think You Can Kill Me With Bullets?
- Every Dog Has His Day
- Say Goodnight To The Bad Guy
- See If It Fits
- You think you can take me?
- Say Hello To My Little Friend
Do you consider yourself a serious movie fan? If so, then the 1983 movie Scarface starring Al Pacino and Michelle Pfeiffer probably ranks somewhere on your list of the greatest films ever made. And if you’ve never seen it, then you should definitely add it to your must-see queue of legendary films. This article takes a look at the most memorable Scarface quotes from the screenplay written by Oliver Stone and directed by Brian De Palma.
WARNING: This article lists several Tony Montana quotes from Scarface that contain foul language. If you are easily offended by profanity, then please read this article instead.
The Best Tony Montana Quotes From Scarface
Keep reading to discover some of the best Scarface quotes from Al Pacino’s character Tony Montana, and you’ll quickly realize why this film is considered such a classic.
Who Really Gives The Order?
- “The only thing in this world that really gives orders is balls.” – Tony Montana
This Scarface quote really shows how the world has changed since it was released in 1983. Especially when you consider how much the feminist movement has shaped modern society. And yet this movie is all about male testosterone as well as the intoxicating power of money and violence.
Why Don’t You Get A Job Pussycat
This exchange takes place when Tony sees that his wife is bored, unhappy, and just becoming a junkie.
- Tony Montana: You know what your problem is, pussycat?
- Elvira Hancock: What is my problem, Tony?
- Tony Montana: You got nothing to do with your life, man. Why don’t you get a job? Do something, be a nurse. Work with blind kids, lepers, that kind of thing. Anything beats you waiting around all day, waiting for me to fuck you, I’ll tell you that.
- Elvira Hancock: Don’t toot your horn, honey, you’re not that good.
Always Keep Your Priorities Straight: Money, Power, Women
- “In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.” – Tony Montana
This quote reveals a lot about the driving motivation behind the character of Tony Montana. Why did he do the things he did? Why was he willing to go to extremes to get the things he wanted? Because he figured out the way the world works and aligned his personal priorities accordingly.
This is paradise.
- “This is paradise, I’m tellin’ ya. This town is like a great big pussy just waiting to get f**ked.” – Tony Montana
- Immigration Officer #2: So where’s your old man now?
- Tony Montana: He dead. He die. Sometime. Somewhere.
- Immigration Officer #2: Mother?
- Tony Montana: She dead too.
- Immigration Officer #1: What kind of work you do in Cuba, Tony?
- Tony Montana: Ah, you know, things. I was, uh – This, that. Construction business. I work a lot with my hands. I was in the army.
- Immigration Officer #1: Any family in the States, Tony? Any cousins, brother-in-law, anybody?
- Tony Montana: Nobody. Everybody’s dead.
- Immigration Officer #1: You ever been to jail, Tony?
- Tony Montana: Me? Jail? No way. No.
- Immigration Officer #1: Been in a mental hospital?
- Tony Montana: Oh, yeah. On the boat coming over.
I work hard for this. I want you to know that.
- “I work hard for this. I want you to know that.” – Tony Montana
I didn’t come to the United States to break my ________ back.
“I didn’t come to the United States to break my f*ck*ng back.” – Tony Montana
You should have kept your mouth shut.
- “You should have kept your mouth shut, they’d have thought you was a horse and let you out.” – Tony Montana
Working In Alaska
- “You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He’s the best lawyer in Miami. He’s such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm.” – Tony Montana
Tony prefers to do business according to the law of the street. But when pushed into a corner, he can both attack and defend himself with lawyers too.
I Could Go Right To The Top
- “Okay, here’s the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education, but that’s okay. I know the street. And I’m making all the right connections. With the right woman, there’s no stopping me. I could go right to the top.” – Tony Montana
Tony Montana was no poet, but he understood the importance of knowing who you are and where you’re wanting to go. He doesn”t need tips on how to stay focused. He knows what he wants and no one is going to stop him from getting it.
Who Do I Trust?
- “Who put this thing together? Me, that’s who! Who do I trust? Me!” – Tony Montana
Don’t Mess With The Wrong Person
- “I’m Tony Montana! You f*ck with me, you f*ckin’ with the best!” – Tony Montana
This Tony Montana quote is a great reminder that a little confidence is great, but too much confidence can get you killed.
Sheep And Communists
- “You a communist? Huh? How’d you like it, man? They tell you all the time what to do, what to think, what to feel. Do you wanna be like a sheep? Like all those other people? Baah! Baah!” – Tony Montana
All I Have In This World Is My Balls And My Word
- “I never fucked anybody over in my life didn’t have it coming to them. You got that? All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one. Do you understand? That piece of shit up there, I never liked him, I never trusted him. For all I know he had me set up and had my friend Angel Fernandez killed. But that’s history. I’m here, he’s not. Do you wanna go on with me, you say it. You don’t, then you make a move.” – Tony Montana
This is one of the best Tony Montana quotes about life. Montana knows that besides fear, his ‘word’ is one of his most valuable currencies on the street. He prides himself on being a man of his word and not letting anyone break his balls. He also values life. He’s alive
You Think You Can Kill Me With Bullets?
- Tony Montana: Go ahead! I take your fucking bullets! You think you kill me with bullets? I take your fucking bullets! Go ahead!
At this point in the movie, Tony amassed so much power and wealth, that he’s blinded by it.
Every Dog Has His Day
- Tony Montana: Every dog has his day.
- (Tony fixes his eyes on Mel Bernstein.)
Say Goodnight To The Bad Guy
- Tony Montana: What you lookin’ at? You all a bunch of fuckin’ assholes. You know why? You don’t have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin’ fingers and say, “That’s the bad guy.” So… what that make you? Good? You”re not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don’t have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There’s a bad guy comin’ through! Better get outta his way!
This is one of my favorite Tony Montana quotes. At this point in the film, Montana understands his place in society and calls out the snobby people in the restaurant who are looking down on him.
See If It Fits
- “Why don’t you try sticking your head up your ass? See if it fits.” – Tony Montana
You think you can take me?
- “You think you can take me? You need a f*ck*ng army if you gonna take me!” – Tony Montana
Say Hello To My Little Friend
- Tony Montana: You wanna f*ck with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend! (Tony shoots)
This quote is, without a doubt, not only one of the most famous Scarface quotes but one of the most iconic lines in movie history. It’s a simple line, but in Pacino’s hands, it became a little piece of poetry.
More Scarface Quotes From The Rest Of The Cast
Sure Al Pacino has most of the best lines in Scarface, but the rest of the cast has some great moments. Here are some Scarface quotes from Michelle Pfeiffer and the rest of the cast.
What’s Your Definition Of A Good Day?
- Mel Bernstein: You oughta smile, Tony. Enjoy yourself. Any day above ground is a good day. (1:21:42)
It’s hard to argue with pure logic. This line delivered by the actor Harris Yulin. Even though he”s a dirty cop, he drops this major truth bomb on Tony Montana. He’s essentially saying to appreciate your life, no matter what it looks like. Because once it’s over, it’s over. So smile and have a great day!
Always Understand Who’s Buying And Who’s Selling
- Elvira Hancock: Don’t get high on your own supply.
When it comes to keeping power, it’s crucial to stay in control of your own impulses. Tony Montana’s wife, Elvira Hancock, uttered this insight to Tony while he was making a deal with a dirty cop. Too bad Tony ignored the advice because it ultimately led to his downfall.
The Best Tony Montana Quotes From Scarface
Movies like The Godfather, Serpico, and Scarface made Al Pacino one of Hollywood’s biggest movie stars when he was still very young. Of course his acting was incredible in these films, but these movies wouldn’t be great without great dialogue. It goes without saying that it takes a great script to make a great movie. And thanks to Oliver Stone’s legendary screenplay, people will be saying these classic Al Pacino Scarface quotes for decades to come.
I’m a dog owner that loves poetry, vampires, mountain biking, and cosplay. I’m open to ideas and still trying to figure my SFO life out one blog post at a time. LF ISO SWF GSOH SI DDF.