Tired of all the drama and entertainment shows offered on iTunes? Feel like iTunes isn’t informative enough? NBC and Apple apparently feel the same way.
Apple has officially made NBC the first news organization to offer its content in the iTunes Store. Previous news related offerings from other networks were only available as Podcasts.
As of this morning, Apple added the following NBC News pages to iTunes:
- NBC News Specials – a mix of big news events
- NBC News Time Capsule – older news from the NBC archives
- Tom Brokaw Reports – several of the special reports Brokaw has done since leaving the Night News anchor chair
- Meet the Presidents – interviews with presidents and world leaders from Meet the Press
- Dateline: Crime & Punishment – kidnappers, serial killers, and psychopaths… Oh my
- CNBC Specials – Mad Money with Jim Cramer and CNBC documentaries
Interesting stuff from NBC and Apple. Will it sell well on iTunes? Are people hungry for news content on their video iPods? Time will tell, but kudos to Apple for trying.