In case you’re not already familiar with the Pepsi Refresh Project, it is an initiative by PepsiCo to award $20 million in grants to individuals, businesses and non-profits that want to create a positive impact on their community. There are tons of great causes listed on RefreshEverything.com. The hard part is activating your friends, coworkers and community to go vote for your project. This tutorial will walk you through the voting process of Pepsi Refresh Project and help you socially optimize the sharing of your vote.
1) Pick a good Pepsi Refresh Project. You might already have one in mind. If not, we have a suggestion. Want to help expose over 1,000 children to the arts? The Harlem School of the Arts (HSA) wants to bring music education to underprivileged kids in New York City. If they win, HSA will receive $25,000 to empower students through the arts.
2) Go to the Pepsi Refresh Project page for Bring Music Ed to Underprivileged Children in NYC Public Schools . Voting is really easy and will only take you about 30 seconds.
3) Click on the “Vote for This Idea” button.
4) Sign in using your Facebook account. If you don’t have a Facebook account, then you can create a Pepsi Refresh account.
5) Congrats! You voted! If you have social accounts on Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon, etc, then share this Pepsi Refresh page with your friends.
6) Don’t forget to /cc your Twitter friends and favorite celebrities. You never know. Just one celebrity retweet could turn the tables and help your project win. Come on Oprah!!!
7) Come back tomorrow and vote again! You can vote once a day.
8) That’s!!! Give yourself a pat on the back. You just voted and shared the experience!
Frank Wilson is a retired teacher with over 30 years of combined experience in the education, small business technology, and real estate business. He now blogs as a hobby and spends most days tinkering with old computers. Wilson is passionate about tech, enjoys fishing, and loves drinking beer.