Is your desk at work boring? Want a fun idea on how to liven it up? How about a USB aquarium desk toy?
The Mini USB Aquarium Desk Toy With Artificial Fish
What office would be complete without a USB fish tank? This USB Mini Desktop Aquarium (Amazon $21) is the home to three life-like tropical fish. A small motor generates a current in the water, allowing the fish to gently swim about the tank. The aquarium is equipped with a high-intensity LED that illuminates the tank in a dark environment. Both motor and LED can be independently switched off.
USB Aquarium Desk Toy – Product Details
The LED and the water-current motor can be powered by USB connection or batteries. The package comes complete with the tank, two fish, and USB cable. The operation is simple! Just add water to the tank, connect the cable to your computer, and enjoy the aquarium.
- Can also be powered by 4 AA batteries (not included) for non-USB operation
- Both the motor and the light can be switched on and off independently
- Each fish has a hinged tail for a more life-like appearance
- Includes: tank, two fishies, & a USB cable
- Unit Dimensions – 4.7″ x 3″ x 9.0″
What makes this gadget stand out is the little details. The tails of the fish constantly move, making them look alive. The light of the tank is soothing and adds to the realism. Even better, the aquarium doesn’t have to be cleaned and the fish don’t have to be fed.
A USB Artificial Fish Tank?
It’s amazing how many things are now USB powered. Manufacturers are adding USB to anything. Just pick the first thing that pops into your head and add USB to it… oops too late, it probably already exists.
Upgrade Your Desk With A USB Aquarium Desk Toy
Let’s face it, the traditional “desk toy” is usually pretty sterile. From metal balls on strings to stress toys, they mostly lack life and color. But this USB-powered artificial fish tank is pretty cool. And for under $25, it’s not a bad desk toy upgrade. It will definitely attract comments from your coworkers.
- Buckyballs: The Amazing Rare Earth Magnet Desk Toy
- The Health Risks Of Desk Jobs And How To Prevent Them
- Upcycle Old Credit Cards Into Collar Stays With the Pick Punch Collar Stay Punch
- Upgrade Your Office With The Swinging Sticks from Iron Man 2
Frank Wilson is a retired teacher with over 30 years of combined experience in the education, small business technology, and real estate business. He now blogs as a hobby and spends most days tinkering with old computers. Wilson is passionate about tech, enjoys fishing, and loves drinking beer.