Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
A vibrating Harry Potter broomstick has teenage girls everywhere going wild, but for all the wrong reasons. Is this an innocent broomstick or a secret Harry Potter sex toy? Read the Amazon Nimbus 2000 reviews from angry parents, then you decide.
As part of their licensing agreement with the Harry Potter franchise, Mattel produced a series of Harry Potter-related products, including a Nimbus 2000 broomstick toy. If you’re unfamiliar with the Nimbus 2000, it’s the flying broomstick that was given to Harry Potter by Professor Minerva McGonagall after he earned a spot on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. The Nimbus 2000 plays an important role in the Harry Potter series and the broomstick toy was very popular. But there was something more behind the strong sales demand for this toy than just Harry Potter fandom.
Why Are Harry Potter Broomstick Toys Being Sold In NYC Sex Shops?
While walking down New York City‘s 8th Avenue, I noticed that a sex shop in the Times Square area was selling the Harry Potter Nimbus 2000 broomstick for $40 — double the online retail price. The toy was prominently placed in the window of the store under a sign that read “Adult Toys & Lingerie.”
At first, I thought it was a Harry Potter knock-off product, so I doubled checked the spelling and the imagery on the box. I was expecting that instead of “Harry Potter” it might be something like a “Henry Potter” broomstick. But it was real and everything checked out.
Upset Parents Leave Angry Nimbus 2000 Amazon Reviews
I looked up the Nimbus 2000 on Amazon’s website and confirmed that it was the same exact item being sold in the adult book store. So was Mattel now making sex toys? What was going on?
Then I read the Nimbus 2000 Amazon reviews from angry parents. At that point, it became all too clear why this Harry Potter vibrating broom was so popular and being sold in sex shops. The Nimbus 2000 toy is a vibrating Harry Potter broomstick that you hold between your legs and according to the Nimbus 2000 Amazon reviews from actual customers, young girls love it!
In many of the Nimbus 2000 reviews, Amazon customers are urging parents to keep the vibrating Harry Potter toy broomstick away from their teenage daughters before it sends them into a wizarding world of ecstasy. Looks like the perverts from Mattel might need to conduct better product testing before going into production with another vibrating toy that girls put between their legs.
- GREAT TOY!, June 11, 2002 – Amazon.com Reviewer: “My 12-year-old daughter is a big Harry Potter fan and loved the part with the Nimbus 2000, so I decided to buy her this toy. I was afraid she would think it was too babyish, but she LOVES this toy. Even my daughter’s friends enjoy playing with this fun Harry Potter broomstick toy. I was surprised at how long they can just sit in her room and play with this magic broomstick! A great buy for any Harry Potter fan!” Ashley from TX
- Keep the batteries out!, December 26, 2001 – Amazon.com Reviewer: “A toy enthusiast from NJ; This toy was #1 on my daughter’s Christmas list. So what the heck, although it has no educational value I figured it would be good for imaginative play. It wasn’t until after she opened her gift and started playing with it that I realized that the toy may offer a more than sensational experience. The broomstick has cute sound effects and ***VIBRATES*** when they put it between their legs to fly. Come on! What were the creators of this Harry Potter broomstick toy thinking? She’ll keep playing with her Harry Potter vibrating Nimbus 2000 broom, but with the batteries removed.”
- Excellent!, June 11, 2002 – Amazon.com Reviewer: “When my 12-year-old daughter asked for this Nimbus 2000 vibrating broomstick for her birthday, I kind of wondered if she was too old for it, but she seems to LOVE it. Her friends love it too! They play for hours in her bedroom with this great Harry Potter broomstick toy. They really seem to like the special effects it offers (the sound effects and vibrating). My oldest daughter (17) really likes it too! I recommend this for all children.”
- Harry Potter Toy, August 28, 2002 – Amazon.com Reviewer: “I recently bought the Nimbus 2000 toy for my son. He’s a HUGE Harry Potter fan. Seen the movie 32 times (in the theaters) and even made the paper. This toy gives him the ability to fly around the house zapping things. The only problem I see with this Harry Potter broomstick toy is the batteries drain too fast and his sister fights him over it, so now I need to buy her one.” A toy enthusiast from Maine, USA
- Harry Potter Toy, November 8, 2002 – MethodShop.com Reviewer: “Suppression! What is wrong with little girls getting a little stimulated? Why send a dirty review to Amazon hoping to discourage them from selling this? Do you think little girls are not already playing and exploring “things” down there? Maybe something like this Nimbus 2000 vibrating broomstick will make them more comfortable and confident about their sexuality instead of embarrassed and fearful. I say every girl should have one! “
- Perverts!, September 4, 2002 – Amazon.com Reviewer: “I was walking to work today through Times Square, and one of the Adult Sex shops was selling this “Harry Potter broomstick toy” for $40. I wasn’t sure exactly why, so I did a search on the internet and found a page on Amazon.com selling the item. OMG you have to read the vibrating Nimbus 2000 Amazon reviews! Now that I know that this is a “VIBRATING” broomstick it makes more sense. The people who work at Mattel are such perverts.”
- Kinky, Feb. 27, 2003 – MethodShop Reader: “As soon as I saw this Harry Potter sex toy on Amazon, it hit me to buy it before they were all gone. I got my Vibrating nimbus 2000 a few days later and wasted no time turning it into a vibrator toy for my g/f. Although the vibration isn’t that stimulating (for an 18y old at least), seeing a woman get herself off with a Harry Potter vibrating broom is kinky enough to turn any guy on. And with a little encouragement, it doesn’t take long for the woman to get off. All in all, the Nimbus 2000 vibrating broomstick is the kinkiest sex toy I have seen anywhere.” Chris C.
Amazon Removes The Harry Potter Nimbus 2000 Toy Listing
Shortly after MethodShop sent Amazon a note asking for a comment, they temporarily stopped selling the Nimbus 2000 Harry Potter broomstick toy online.
The Nimbus 2000 toy reviews reprinted on is this article were all pulled off of Amazon’s page for the Harry Potter Nimbus 2000 Broomstick before they censored it. Good thing we had the forethought to make an archive of the original page.
If you try to go to Amazon’s page for the Nimbus now (link), you will see that not only all of the controversial Nimbus 2000 Amazon reviews deleted, but Amazon no longer sells this infamous Harry Potter broomstick toy.
Where Can You Still Buy A Vibrating Harry Potter Broomstick Toy?
After it was discovered that girls were using the Harry Potter Nimbus 2000 vibrating broomstick toy to stimulate themselves, the product was quickly discontinued everywhere. You won’t find this Harry Potter vibrating broom for sale in stores or on retail sites like Amazon anymore. Your only chance to still buy a vibrating Nimbus 2000 Harry Potter broomstick is on auction sites like eBay or through a third-party seller. We’ve seen it recently sell new on eBay for $200+.
But regardless of where you buy this Harry Potter vibrating broomstick toy, make sure you keep your teenage daughters away from it. Or at least keep the batteries out. Who knew Harry was such a stud?
NERD NOTE: J.K Rowling, author, and creator of the Harry Potter series has a real-life “rags to riches” life story. While living off of government benefits, she started writing the first Harry Potter novel, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. After being rejected by twelve different book publishers, she eventually was signed by Bloomsbury Publishing. Rowling went on to sell over 500 million books and the Harry Potter book series is now the best-selling book series in history. Rowling was named by Forbes as the world’s first billionaire author in 2014.
- Inspirational Harry Potter Quotes That Are Full Of Magical Life Lessons
- Is This Harry Potter Broomstick Really Just A Sex Toy?
- Examples Of Inappropriate Sexy Teachers On Facebook
- Naked Couple Falls To Their Death During Rooftop Sex Encounter
40 Inspirational Harry Potter Quotes Full Of Magical Life Lessons
The Harry Potter series is full of great life advice. Reading this list of Harry Potter quotes might as well qualify as a therapy session.
Germany, France. Thailand. Netherlands. Any country where they aren’t afraid of prostitution, which is quite a few countries that are more advanced than America. I heard Colombia is more repressed than America, as an example of developed countries people assume are crazier than the U.S. that girls down there won’t perform oral sex as willingly. Had a hard time believing that. Anyways, America is repressed sexually and it explodes in the media. Germany has much hotter chicks, overall sexier vibe, and they aren’t up in each other’s faces trying to make it obvious.
Japan is a pretty sexual culture actually. Sure, they blur some stuff in porn, but even kid’s shows can be super suggestive.
Wrong on all points but thank you for sharing 🙂
You can certainly have a society (and we do) that exploits sexuality in say, advertising, but also represses sexuality in other ways (look at our attitude towards child sexual development, sexuality in geriatrics, same sex sexuality, pan-sexuality – America has a lot of issues with sex! In terms of protecting my kids I personally would have more of an issue with the sex jokes in movies like Shrek than with a toy that vibrates. After all, no one is telling your kid to use this toy sexually now are they. As stated, I don’t care what age your kid is, they are experimenting anyway (which is completely normal by the way). A vibrating toy is not going to turn your kid into a sex crazed preschooler – get a grip.
You can’t sue for something your daughter did – that’s idiocy. I hope that some day your daughter can find some degree of healthy sex expression; your attitude will obviously make her growth very difficult (and probably riddled with shame/self doubt).
The whole “dur sexual repression in murica” is a tired trope that young liberals throw around in the hopes of impressing other young liberals. Sexual repression is a very relative thing. Porn isnt illegal, strip clubs are everywhere, we have nudist beaches and colonies, sex is used to sell everything, we have sex toy shops in most majore cities, certain states even have legal bunny houses. I even saw a tanning bed place advertising butthole bleachings 50% off on Monday…lol wut?
Apparently we need to get rid of all class and dignity to experience true sexual liberty.
Yeah the sex part is okay everywhere out side the US, but when something violent in a video game or movie comes out all hell breaks loose. Double standards all around.
Elijah Solomon Olig
Japan is not less sexually repressed than America? Japan is WAY more sexually repressed…
Elijah Solomon Olig
I was only attempting to clarify your ridiculous logic bruh. No h8 m8.
You’re a bit hung up on this.
Elijah Solomon Olig
No example of country huh? Figures… But just to clarify, you’re saying that hyper-sexualised media created and marketed by multi-billion dollar industries is a simple case of overcompensation? And that 4yr old self-objectifying girls are only requesting bras because they’re overcompensating for their 4yr old ‘sexual repression’ and not because the media they interact with and are subject to is suggesting they do so? Man, I’m starting to wonder if you’re just saying all this is because YOU feel sexually repressed…
Repression causes overcompensation, tiny brain.
Elijah Solomon Olig
Haha what?! Are you kidding?! America is TOO sexually repressed in comparison to the rest of the world minus the middle east?! Can’t tell if you’re trolling or blind… America: The Home Of Miley Cyrus and Nicki Minaj, The Home Of Hip-Hop and Booty Shaking, The Home of 4yr Old Girls Getting Bras, and for God sakes, it was also The Country That Invented Tinder!!! Honestly, tell me one country you think is less sexually repressed… Idiot.
The rest of the world, outside of the middle east.
Elijah Solomon Olig
America is TOO sexually repressed? Are you kidding? In comparison to where exactly?
Honestly, I see nothing wrong with it. America is too sexually repressed anyway, and the majority of people start experimenting early anyway. It doesn’t have to be something so bad and taboo.
Half of your daughters are probably experimenting already. You did when you were a teenager. Why are you so scared of it now?
Should you enjoy the thought that your 12 year old is doing it? Probably not. Should you think it’s natural though? Sure. It’s the age most people start at.
I got news for you pal, your daughter is probably using a lot of sticks already.
This broom was turned in to a SEX TOY for someone’s girlfriend!
if i caught my daughter using this “stick” i’d sue them.
Don’t be a party pooper.