Wish you could double the speed of your wireless router?
Although it’s technically considered a router, the Linksys WRT54GX4 is much more than that. The Linksys WRT54GX4 Wireless-G Broadband Router with SRX400 is really three devices in one small box.
- First, there’s the Wireless Access Point, which lets you connect to the network, as the name suggests, without wires.
- Then there’s the built-in four-port full-duplex 10/100 Switch to connect your wired Ethernet devices together.
- Finally, there’s the actual router that ties it all together and lets your whole network share a high-speed cable or DSL Internet connection.
One of the features that makes this router so powerful is MIMO, “multiple in, multiple out.” MIMO technology doubles the data rate that this router can transfer by overlaying the signals of two Wireless-G compatible radios. If you take a close look at this router, you will see multiple atenntas along the top. Using this router is like having 2 routers
- Works as three products in one: a wireless access point, built-in four-port full-duplex 10/100 switch and high-speed router
- Based on “multiple in, multiple out” (MIMO) technology that effectively doubles the data rate
- Features SRX400 technology that exceeds the capabilities of the traditional wired Ethernet 10/100 data ports
- Encodes wireless transmissions with industrial-strength WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) encryption
- Compatible with all SRX400-enabled devices and standard Wireless-G and -B equipment
Frank Wilson is a retired teacher with over 30 years of combined experience in the education, small business technology, and real estate business. He now blogs as a hobby and spends most days tinkering with old computers. Wilson is passionate about tech, enjoys fishing, and loves drinking beer.