Have you ever had the urge to demolish a temperamental office printer or had to endure a smarmy, condescending boss? If so, the 1999 comedy, Office Space, should hit pretty close to home for you. Director Mike Judge (Beavis and Butt-head) has come up with a spot-on look at what it was like to work in corporate America in the 1990s. The film has a fantastic script and is full of memorable lines. Here are the best Office Space quotes from the movie. How many do you know?
1Being “Michael Bolton”
2Michael Bolton Fans
- Bob Slydell: I’ll be honest with you. I love his music. I do. I’m a Michael Bolton fan.
- Bob Porter: Me too.
- Bob Slydell: For my money, I don’t know if it gets any better than when he sings ‘When a Man Loves a Woman’.
3There Is No Paper Jam!
- Samir: No! Not again! Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam! I swear to God one of these days I’m just going to kick this piece of shit out of the window.
4PC Load Letter?!
- Michael Bolton: (The printer isn’t working. There’s an error message on the display screen) “PC load letter”?!! What the fuck does that mean?!!
5The Jump to Conclusions Mat
- Tom Smykowski: It’s a “Jump to Conclusions Mat”! You see, you have this mat, with different CONCLUSIONS written on it.
- Michael Bolton: That is the worst idea I’ve ever heard!
- Samir: Yes, this is horrible, this idea!
- Lawrence: Hey Peter, check it out, channel 9, it’s the breast exams!
7Did You See The Memo About The New TPS Reports?
- Bill: Uh… we have sort of a problem here. Yeah. You apparently didn’t put one of the new coversheets on your TPS reports.
- Peter: Oh, yeah. I’m sorry about that. I, I forgot.
- Bill: Yeah. You see, we’re putting the cover sheets on all TPS reports
now before they go out. Did you see the memo about this?
- Peter: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I’ve got the memo right here, but, uh, uh, I just forgot. But, uh, it’s not shipping out until tomorrow, so there’s no problem.
- Bill: Yeah. If you could just go ahead and make sure you do that from now on, that will be great. And uh, I’ll go ahead and make sure you get another copy of that memo. Mmmm, Ok?
8The Million Dollar Question
- Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
- Lawrence: I’ll tell you what I’d do, man, two chicks at the same time, man.
- Peter Gibbons: That’s it? If you had a million dollars, you’d do two chicks at the same time?
- Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money.
- Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.
- Lawrence: Well the kind of chicks that’d double up on me do.
- Peter Gibbons: Good point.
- Lawrence: What about you, what would you do?
- Peter Gibbons: Besides two chicks at the same time?
- Lawrence: Well yeah.
- Peter Gibbons: Nothing.
- Lawrence: Nothing, huh?
- Peter Gibbons: I’d relax, sit on my ass all day, I would do nothing.
- Lawrence: Well you don’t need a million dollars, to do nothing, man. Just take a look at my cousin, he’s broke, don’t do shit.
9I Don’t Like My Job
- Peter Gibbons: I don’t like my job and I don’t think I’ll go anymore.
- Joanna: You’re just not gonna go?
- Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
- Joanna: Won’t you get fired?
- Peter Gibbons: I don’t know. But I really don’t like it and, uh, I’m not gonna go.
- Joanna: So you’re gonna quit?
- Peter Gibbons: Uh-uh. Not really. I’m just gonna stop going.
- Joanna: When did you decide all that?
- Peter Gibbons: About an hour ago.
- Joanna: So you’re going to get another job?
- Peter Gibbons: I don’t think I’ll like another job.
- Joanna: Well what are you going to do about money? Bills?
- Peter Gibbons: You know I never really liked paying bills, I don’t think I’m going to do that either.
10Walk Us Through A Typical Day
- Bob Slydell: If you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?
- Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
- Bob Slydell: Great.
- Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door–that way Lumberg can’t see me, heh–after that I sorta space out for an hour.
- Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?
- Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I’m working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I’d say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.
11Upper Management Written All Over Him
- Bob Slydell: I’d like to move us right to Peter Gibbons. We had a chance to meet this young man, and boy he’s just a straight shooter with upper management written all over him.
12Hawaiian Shirt Day
13Pound Me In The Ass Prison
- Michael Bolton: We’re not going to some white-collar resort prison. No, no, no! We’re going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison!
- Drew: I’m thinking about taking that new chick from Logistics. If things go right I might be showing her my O-face. You know: Oh! Oh!
15Choosing Your Friends Wisely
- Peter: Hey Lawrence, you wanna come over?
- Lawrence: No thanks, dude. I don’t need you fuckin’ up my life, too.
16Worst Day of My Life
17Missing “Quite A Bit” Of Work
18What is “Money Laundering”?
19He’s The One Who Sucks
- Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It’s not that hard: Nayee-Nanajar. Nayeenanajar.
- Michael Bolton: Yeah, well, at least you’re name isn’t Michael Bolton.
- Samir: You know, there’s nothing wrong with that name.
- Michael Bolton: There WAS nothing wrong with it… until I was about 12 years old, and that no-talent-ass-clown because famous and started winning Grammys.
- Samir: Why don’t you just go by Mike, instead of Michael?
- Michael Bolton: No way! Why should I change it? He’s the one who sucks.
- Bob Slydell: Milton Waddams.
- Bill Lumbergh: Who’s he?
- Bob Porter: You know, squirrely looking guy, mumbles a lot.
- Bill Lumbergh: Oh, yeah.
- Slydell: Yeah, we can’t actually find a record of him being a current employee here.
- Bob Porter: I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was laid off five years ago and no one ever told him, but through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a paycheck.
- Bob Slydell: So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch.
- Bill Lumbergh: Great.
- Dom Portwood: So um, Milton has been let go?
- Bob Slydell: Well just a second there, professor. We uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won’t be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it will just work itself out naturally.
- Bob Porter: We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem solved from your end.
22I Just Don’t Care
- Peter Gibbons: It’s not that I’m lazy, it’s that I just don’t care.
23A Case Of The Mondays
- Peter: I gotta get out of here. I think I’m gonna lose it.
- Nina: Uh oh. Sounds like somebody’s got a case of the Mondays.
24I Used To Be Addicted To Crack
- Peter Gibbons: What am I gonna do with 40 subscriptions to Vibe Magazine?
- Peter Gibbons: He’s going to ask me to work on Sunday and I’m going to do it because I’m a pussy, which is why I work at Initech in the first place.
- Michael Bolton: Hey, I work at Initech and I don’t consider myself a pussy.
- Samir: Yes, I am also not a pussy.
- Joanna: You know what, Stan. If you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there, Brian, why don’t you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?
- Peter Gibbons: You know, the Nazis had pieces of flair that they made the Jews wear.
29Milton’s Red Stapler
30Set The Building On Fire
- Milton: I could set the building on fire…
Office Space Movie: Plot Overview
Peter (Ron Livingston) spends the day doing dull computer work in a cubicle. He has great friends, like Jennifer Aniston, a waitress at Chotchkie’s, a generic beer-and-burger joint à la Chili’s. And Diedrich Bader (The Drew Carey Show) has a minor but hilarious turn as Peter’s mustached, long-haired, drywall-installin’ neighbor. But even Pete’s friends can’t save him from his job and boring daily routine. He goes home to an apartment sparsely furnished by IKEA and Target. Then starts the day again with a maddening commute. His coworkers in the cube farm are annoying. His boss is a snide, patronizing jerk, and his days are consumed with tedium. In desperation, he turns to career hypnotherapy, but when his hypno-induced relaxation takes hold, there’s no shutting it off. Layoffs are in the air at his corporation, and with two co-workers (both of whom are slated for the chute) he devises a scheme to skim funds from company accounts. The scheme soon snowballs, however, throwing the three into a panic until the unexpected happens and saves the day.
Office Space Quotes
What did you think of this list of Office Space movie quotes? Did we miss any of your favorites? Please let us know in the comments.