The price is right for the Batman film The Dark Knight. Over America’s Labor Day weekend holiday, the latest Batman movie, The Dark Knight became the 2nd movie in Hollywood history to pass the $500 million dollar mark without the help of inflation. According to Warner Bros. studios, The Dark Knight has made over $502.4 million from domestic American ticket sales.
So what’s the other movie to break the $500 million mark in American ticket sales? James Cameron’s 1997 film Titanic, which made $600.8 million and still remains at #1.
The Dark Knight Struggles To Find An Audience In Japan
The Dark Knight is a huge hit in America, but not everyone loves Bruce Wayne’s alter ego. The Japanese obviously don’t like Batman at all. The Christopher Nolan film bombed in Japan and made only a little over $8 million.
Spotlight On Frank Miller
In related news, sales of The Dark Knight comic book by Frank Miller (Sin City, 300) have also skyrocketed. The Dark Knight comic book is currently ranked #63 out of all book sales on Amazon.com. Not bad for a comic book mini-series that was released in 1986.
- Batman Fight Graphics
- How To Batman Shows You How To Order Food At Subway Restaurants
- Batman’s Batsuit Through The Years
- 15 Essential Music Commands For Amazon Alexa
- 8 Essential Tips For Anyone Selling A Luxury Home
- 30 Employee Farewell Message Examples To Help You Properly Say Goodbye To A Coworker
- What Does DNA Stand For (Do You Know The Answer)?
- Shocking Crane Accident Plunges Both Crane And Its Operator Into River