Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- "I'm The King Of The World!"
- "I'll Never Let Go"
- "I'm Flying!"
- "Life's A Gift And I Don't Intend On Wasting It."
- "I'm not the one hanging off the back of a ship."
- "You're the most amazingly, astounding, wonderful girl-woman-that I've ever known."
- "I intend to write a strongly worded letter"
- To The Stars
- A Woman's Heart Is A Deep Ocean Of Secrets
- This Ship Can't Sink!
- The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Promise Me You'll Survive
- "Somebody's Life's About To Change"
- Don't Let Go
- He Exists Now Only In My Memory
- Titanic Quotes & The Power Of A Great Script
- More Great Movie Quotes
It might be hard to believe, but one of the top three grossing films of all time doesn’t involve Marvel superheroes, the magic of Harry Potter, or even Star Wars Jedis. It’s a James Cameron directed love story starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet about a couple on a sinking boat. The epic disaster romance, Titanic, has earned over about $2.1 billion dollars since its 1997 release and is still currently the third highest-grossing film of all time.
Famous Titanic Quotes
The Titanic has a great script and is full of a lot of unforgettable lines. Here are memorable quotes from Titanic that helped make the movie so iconic.
“I’m The King Of The World!”
- Jack: I’m the king of the world!
“I’ll Never Let Go”
- Rose: “I’ll never let go. I promise.”
- Rose: “Jack, I’m flying!”
“Life’s A Gift And I Don’t Intend On Wasting It.”
- Jack: “I love waking up in the morning not knowing what’s gonna happen or, who I’m gonna meet, where I’m gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I figure life’s a gift and I don’t intend on wasting it. You don’t know what hand you’re gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you — to make each day count.”
“I’m not the one hanging off the back of a ship.”
- Rose: “You’re crazy!”
- Jack: “That’s what everybody says, but with all due respect Miss, I’m not the one hanging off the back of a ship here.”
“You’re the most amazingly, astounding, wonderful girl-woman-that I’ve ever known.”
- Jack: Rose, you’re no picnic, all right? You’re a spoiled little brat, even, but under that, you’re the most amazingly, astounding, wonderful girl-woman-that I’ve ever known.
“I intend to write a strongly worded letter”
- Jack: “I don’t know about you, but I intend to write a strongly worded letter to the White Star Line about all of this.”
To The Stars
- Jack: “Where to, Miss?”
Rose: “To the stars.”
A Woman’s Heart Is A Deep Ocean Of Secrets
Out of all Titanic quotes, this is one of the most popular with women. I guess we all have a lot of secrets when it comes to love and matters of the heart.
- Rose: “A woman’s heart is a deep ocean of secrets.”
This Ship Can’t Sink!
- Bruce Ismay: But this ship can’t sink!”
- Thomas Andrews: “She’s made of iron, sir! I assure you, she can. And she will. It is a mathematical certainty.”
The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Jack: “Winning that ticket, Rose, was the best thing that ever happened to me… it brought me to you. And I’m thankful for that, Rose. I’m thankful.”
Promise Me You’ll Survive
- Jack: “Promise me you’ll survive. That you won’t give up, no matter what happens. No matter how hopeless.”
“Somebody’s Life’s About To Change”
- Jack: “Somebody’s life’s about to change.”
Don’t Let Go
- Jack: “Do not let go of my hand!”
He Exists Now Only In My Memory
This is one of the great Titanic quotes about love. In the scene, Rose recalls her final moments with Jack.
- Rose: “Now you know there was a man named Jack Dawson, and that he saved me in every way that a person can be saved. I don’t even have a picture of him. He exists now only in my memory.”
NERD NOTE: Titanic was the first movie in history to gross more than $1 billion worldwide. The film was first released on December 19, 1997.
Titanic Quotes & The Power Of A Great Script
The Titanic movie wasn’t just a hit with audiences, but both critics and award judges raved about the film. Titanic won a lot of Oscars during the 1998 Academy Awards. Everything including the film’s musical score, soundtrack, direction, visual effects, cinematography, set decoration, acting, and even screenplay won awards that year. But in the end, it all comes back to the script. A movie can have everything else, but without a great script, it won’t go anywhere.
More Great Movie Quotes
Thanks for reading our list of Titanic quotes. If you like famous movie quotes, then please check out some of our other articles.