BypassGPT is getting a lot of attention right now. According to their website, they can produce undetectable AI written content. In this BypassGPT review, we put their product to the test and see if their platform can also deliver human sounding original content, and not just fool the detector bots.
How Does BypassGPT Work?
AI writing assistants like ChatGPT and Jasper transform how we write. Using our original work as a reference, the AI can use that as a reference to generate companion content, like social posts, in a fraction of the time it would take a human. But most AI language models use repetitive words and lame cliches that an AI detector can easily flag as machine-generated content. However, BypassGPT claims that it can fool AI detectors.
Specifically, BypassGPT claims it can:
- Rearrange and enhance AI text to fool leading AI detectors like ZeroGPT and Copyleaks
- Mimic qualities of expert human writing like variation, accuracy and cohesion
- Catch AI-generated content with its integrated plagiarism check
- Deliver original prose and assignments devoid of duplication
To test BypassGPT, we created AI-generated text samples using ChatGPT and Google Bard. We then ran the text through Copyleaks and GPTZero pre- and post-BypassGPT enhancement, and assessed output quality.
Fooling AI Detectors
For one of our tests, we asked ChatGPT to “Write 100 words about why the sky is blue”. ChatGPT gave us a very generic and AI-generated sounding paragraph. GPTZero easily detected ChatGPT’s generated text and graded it with a 98% probability of being AI generated.
We then asked BypassGPT to “humanize” what ChatGPT wrote. As you can see in the screenshots, the output created by BypassGPT was a little choppy. The flow is off, and the sentences are too short.
The text was choppy, but BypassGPT’s version was undetectable to bots. According to GPTZero, the content processed by BypassGPT had a 0% probability of being AI generated. It worked! BypassGPT was to successful at fooling an AI detector.
“This text is most likely to be written by a human. There is a 0% probability this text was entirely written by AI.”GPTZero
For all its sophistication, BypassGPT still stumbles in the following areas:
- Content flow. In its effort to fool the AI detection bots, BypassGPT focuses too much on creating short sentences and content burstiness and perplexity.
- Longform content over 1,000 words. Trying to produce longer content increases the risk of generating repetitive phrasing and causing arguments to lose steam. Keep it short and stick to standard article and essay lengths.
- Creative content. All AI platforms struggle with creative writing poems or jokes, were mostly uninspiring, especially with longer pieces. The AI just seems to get lost if it writes too much.
- Data-driven content needs additional human input. Most generative AI platforms, including BypassGPT, will ramble unless you give it specific references and guidelines.
While no AI writing tool can produce perfect human-like content, BypassGPT is good at “touching up” chunks of text to avoid bot detection… but not human detection.
How Much Is BypassGPT?
If you need to process a lot of text and prevent it from being flagged by an AI detector, then BypassGPT is a great option. But it’s not free.
BypassGPT is credit based and they have several paid options on their website. The entry-level plan is $15 per month and allows you to process 20,000 words. Cheaper options are available if you subscribe for an annual plan.
Just keep in mind that what BypassGPT creates for you probably won’t be a final product. You might need to fix choppy sentences and make your content flow better. But that’s par for the course with anything that’s AI generated. It’s a good idea to treat anything created by AI as a first draft. Go through the document line by line, fix the flow, and make it your own.
If you were hoping for a silver bullet that can take anything written by ChatGPT, and make it both human sounding and capable of fooling AI detection, this isn’t it. But BypassGPT will get you pretty close.
Thanks for reading our BypassGPT review. Please share it with a friend!