Clear the sand from your weapon and stay hidden. Welcome to Conflict Desert Storm, the most heart-stopping, realistic, and tactical action experience ever created! Battle your way through the Gulf War as one of the elite U.S. Delta Force or British SAS operators. From the in-depth artificial intelligence of your enemies to the incredibly realistic environments, this classic game has it all.
Conflict: Desert Storm is a real-time tactics video game developed by Pivotal Games and published by Electronic Arts in 2002. It is the first game in the Conflict series and is set during the Persian Gulf War.
The game follows a group of four elite soldiers as they fight their way through Iraq to help liberate Kuwait.
The game is played from a top-down perspective and allows players to control up to four soldiers at a time. Each soldier has their own unique abilities and weapons, and players must use these abilities to overcome the challenges of each mission. The game also features a variety of vehicles, which can be used to transport soldiers and provide support.
Overall, Conflict: Desert Storm is a great game that is still worth playing today. It is a challenging and rewarding experience that will keep you entertained for hours on end.
Here are some additional thoughts on the game:
- The game does a great job of capturing the feel of the Gulf War. The graphics are realistic, and the sound effects are immersive.
- The gameplay is challenging and rewarding. Players must use their skills and abilities to overcome the challenges of each mission.
- The game has a great story and characters. The soldiers are well-developed, and the story is engaging.
- The game also features co-op multiplayer, which is a lot of fun.
When it was first realsed in 2002, Conflict: Desert Storm received mostly positive reviews from critics, who praised its gameplay, graphics, and sound. The game was also a commercial success and one of the most popular of the many Operation Desert Storm video games released at the time. Conflict Desert Storm sold over 3 million copies worldwide.
Here are some of the pros and cons of Conflict: Desert Storm:
- Excellent gameplay
- Great graphics
- Awesome sound
- Engaging story
- Variety of missions
- Co-op multiplayer
- Can be difficult at times
- Some missions are repetitive.
- The AI can be a bit buggy.
How To Play Conflict Desert Storm Today
If you are a fan of real-time tactics games or the Gulf War, then I highly recommend Conflict: Desert Storm. Even though the game was released back in 2002, you can still play it today. Playing classic games is a fun hobby called Retrogaming.
Several websites, including Steam and GOG sell playable versions of the game for desktop computers.
Or you can find both new and used copies of the game on Amazon or eBay:
- eBay: Xbox ($11), Nintendo GameCube ($12), Sony PlaySyation 2 ($6)
- Amazon: Xbox ($29), Nintendo ($36), Sony PlaySytion ($23)