Don’t you just hate rewinding DVDs? Honestly, who doesn’t. Luckily for us, someone invented an easy way to rewind DVDs, and a stylish one at that. At first glance you might think that the aptly named DVD Rewinder looks like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle hot pot, but it’s not. It’s a “real” product that will actually spin your DVDs counterclockwise and rewind them.
Here’s how it works. Just snap a disc on the DVD Rewinder spindle, press the button and watch in wonder as your disc spins in reverse thanks to the “Centripetal Velocity Spindle.” Centripetal… what? Don’t worry, “Centripetal Velocity Spindle” is just a fancy way to say the “spinning thing.”
Are People Really So Dumb That They Think They Have To Rewind DVDs?
In all seriousness, my friend’s wife found out that you don’t actually have to rewind DVDs before returning them to Blockbuster the hard way. He caught her sitting on the floor by the TV watching the movie on rewind. So chances are, you’ll be able to fool a few people with this great gag gift.
To complete the illusion, the DVD Rewinder plays a “rewind” sound while it spins discs backwards. You can also record your own “rewind” sound which provides unending possibilities for trickery. So buy your less-technical friends a DVD Rewinder, and sit back and enjoy the show.
DVD Rewinder Features
Here’s the official product description highlighting all of the DVD Rewinder features:
Too many DVDs, and CDs and not enough time to rewind? Are your DVDs running a bit too slow? The DVD Rewinder is the perfect solution! This novelty rewinder comes with the exclusive Centriptal Velocity Spindle providing the world’s fastest DVD rewind!
The DVD Rewinder is a great gift for the technical savvy, the couch potato, teens with too much time on their hands, and the gadget buff! Novelty for you or gag gift for a friend.
The DVD Rewinder has a great black and fluorescent green color scheme with high-tech styling! The DVD Rewinder will spin discs backwards and plays a “rewind” sound. You can also record your own “rewind” sound which provides unending possibilities. For the tech hip, the DVD Rewinder also has an additional MP3 port and plays a separate “rewind” sound. Rewind all types of disc media including DVDs, CDs, and Console Games. But it’s not just novelty, the DVD Rewinder has utility. It has a built-in compartment that holds a disc cleaner. This compartment can be used to hold the cleaner, loose couch change, toothpicks, keys or other small items. A truly unique product with a truly unique design!
Make sure you have a 9V battery handy. Batteries are not included.
DVD Rewinder: Customer Reviews
You should always read some customer reviews before buying a product online. Here are some DVD Rewinder Amazon reviews worth sharing:
Brian Wagner: “Times have been tough with the Missus recently. We were always fighting about every little thing, who’s turn it was to wash the dishes, who was going to mow the lawn, whether or not I was cheating on her with her sister (I was). And on the rare occasion we had the time to watch a movie together, we would fight about who would rewind the DVD. My marriage was on the brink of collapse.
Enter “DVD Rewinder”! Rewinding our movies is no longer tedious, but an enjoyable experience to share with my wife. The amazing space age technology works like a charm and DVDs rewind in a matter of minutes, compared to the hours it used to take to manually spin the disc backwards thousands of times.
Sure, sometimes my wife still argues that it makes more sense for me to get a job than for her to get 2 (I mean seriously it averages out to 1 job per person either way, WHAT is the big deal?) but at the end of the day, at least we can watch Glitter without an argument. DVD Rewinder, I owe you my marriage and my life.”
- Czeslaw Meyer: This rewinder is the fastest I have found on the market to date. I after watching my little pony I put the dvd on the rewinder and go make a hotpocket, when I come back it will seem to just be sitting there, but that is because it is already done rewinding the dvd. I tested it against vhs rewinders and it destroys them in speed. the future is great.
- James E. Rustler: I just wanted to say this product is GREAT! It rewinds DVDs very fast and efficient. It is the greatest product I have ever got ever.
- Juan: At first I was skeptical about this so – called rewinder, especially because of the price. I went ahead and bought it fully expecting to return it shortly. Boy was I wrong. It’s the fastest and safest DVD rewinder on the market. Back when I had to manually rewind DVDs I could only watch 2 movies in an evening, now I can watch 5! The sleek green and black plastic design raised the aesthetic appeal of my living room by 14. And unlike those pesky generic rewinders, this product makes virtually no noise, making the 10 second wait painless.
What Did We Learn About The DVD Rewinder Today?
- Is there such a thing as a DVD Rewinder? Yes, the DVD Rewinder was a “real” product sold via the DVD Rewinder website. The company is no longer in business, but you can also try searching for it on Amazon (“DVD Rewinder” search link) and eBay (“DVD Rewinder” search link).
- Why does my DVD player rewind to the beginning? Have you ever noticed that your DVD automatically rewinds your discs? It doesn’t matter if you were watching that DVD last week and never finished it. As soon as you put it back into your DVD player, it will automatically start from the beginning. That’s because you don’t need to rewind DVDs.
- Is the DVD Rewinder a gag gift? Yes. Similar to a vinyl record, you do not need to rewind a DVD.
NERD NOTE: The DVD was invented in 1995, but it wasn’t the first optical disc format. Optical disc technology was first invented by David Paul Gregg and James Russell in 1963. After over a decade of development, the LaserDisc format was released in December 1978. Unlike DVDs, LaserDiscs were huge, they were about the size of a large vinyl record. Due to the high cost of both the players and discs, consumer adoption of the LaserDisc format was very low. Ultimately, the lower quality, but cheaper tape formats like VHS, dominated the home video market from the mid 1970s until DVD adoption went mainstream in the late 1990s.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!
I have had to purchase 3 of these already and each time it was obviously defective from the manufacturer.
No matter how long I have let my DVD's rewind, the video store continues to charge me $2 every time I return a disc because they claim it's not fully rewound.
Do yourself a favor, purchase your DVD rewinder from your local video store. Yes, it’s a lot more expensive initially, but my video store guy says theirs is a lot more reliable, and it will cut my rewind fee's by 25%
So far – so good!
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!I have had to purchase 3 of these already and each time it was obviously defective from the manufacturer. No matter how long I have let my DVD's rewind, the video store continues to charge me $2 every time I return a disc because they claim it's not fully rewound.Do yourself a favor, purchase your DVD rewinder from your local video store. Yes, it’s a lot more expensive initially, but my video store guy says theirs is a lot more reliable, and it will cut my rewind fee's by 25%So far – so good!