Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- Who Is Grimes, And How Did She Meet Elon Musk?
- Musk Was Too Dedicated To His Work
- Grimes Didn't Want A Full-Time Dad For Their Kids
- Is Elon Musk The Father Of Amber Heard's Secret Baby?
- Elon Musk Cheated On Grimes With Shivon Zilis, One Of His Top Executives At Neuralink
- Grimes' Personal Identity Was Reduced To Just Being Known As 'Elon Musk's Girlfriend'
- Elon Musk Devolved From A Lovable Tech Icon, To A Conservative Troll While He Was Dating Grimes
- Was Grimes Secretly Dating Both Chelsea Manning And Musk At The Same Time?
- The Real Reasons Behind The Elon Musk Grimes Split
After dating for more than three years, Elon Musk and his girlfriend, Grimes, broke up for good earlier this year. Grimes announced the split on Twitter while answering comments about her interview in Vanity Fair magazine.
“Me and E have broken up *again* since the writing of this article haha, but he’s my best friend and the love of my life, and my life and art are forever dedicated to The Mission now,” Grimes tweeted.
The official break up came only a few months after their second child, a daughter named Exa Dark Sideræl Musk, was born via surrogacy in December 2021.
But why did Elon Musk and Grimes split? Musk was wildly unfaithful, but were they both cheating on each other? What was Chelsea Manning’s role in this and is their breakup connected with Musk’s offer to buy Twitter?
Who Is Grimes, And How Did She Meet Elon Musk?
Before exploring the reason(s) behind the Elon Musk Grimes split, let’s take a brief look at Claire Boucher (aka Grimes). Who is Grimes, and how did she meet Musk?
A self-taught musician, Grimes, got a lucky break when one of the first songs that she made in Apple’s GarageBand went viral in 2010. In the years that followed, Grimes established herself as a visionary electronic pop star with a fashion style that pushes beyond even the elaborate designs of Lady Gaga.
Then in April 2018, Grimes made a connection with Elon Musk when the two discussed an artificial intelligence pun on Twitter. It turns out that Grimes had thought of the pun first and made it part of her 2015 music video for the song “Flesh Without Blood”.
It must have been love at first tweet. After a few flirty tweets were exchanged between the two, Twitter user @JohnD4143 tweeted, “Just ask her out already, Elon.”
Musk did. A few days later, Musk and Grimes attended the Met Gala together.
Why Did Elon Musk And Grimes Split?
But alas, the pairing of Musk and Grimes wasn’t meant to be forever. After three years of dating and two children together, the couple officially separated in March 2022. So what caused the Elon Musk Grimes split? Here are the main reasons why Grimes and Musk decided to go their separate ways.
Musk Was Too Dedicated To His Work
In September 2021, Musk told Time, which named him its 2021 Person of the Year, that the couple were now “semi separated” after dating for over three years. Musk claimed that his professional life keeps him too busy for a relationship.
According to reports, his work schedule put an immense amount of stress on their relationship. After all, in addition to plotting humanity’s migration to Mars, Musk oversees a large portfolio of companies, including Tesla, SpaceX, The Boring Company, and Neuralink.
Grimes Didn’t Want A Full-Time Dad For Their Kids
When asked about her relationship status with the Tesla chief during her March 2022 Vanity Fair interview, Grimes said “There’s no real word for it. I would probably refer to him as my boyfriend, but we’re very fluid. We live in separate houses. We’re best friends. We see each other all the time.”
Grimes reportedly didn’t want her kids to have a full-time father anyway. She was uncomfortable with the idea of living with Musk’s grueling work schedule. She wanted him to work freely, but be able to spend time with their children without the pressure of being expected to come home every night from work.
Is Elon Musk The Father Of Amber Heard’s Secret Baby?
Musk and Aquaman actress Amber Heard started dating in 2017. Although Musk and Heard broke up in February 2018, before Musk met Grimes, Musk stayed in touch with Heard.
Then Heard mysteriously shared a photo on Instagram in July 2021 of her new baby girl named Oonagh Paige. The post was shared in July, but Heard let everyone know that her daughter was born a few months earlier in April.
Is Elon Musk the father of Amber Heard’s baby? Probably. During the Johnny Depp Amber Heard trial, evidence revealed that Musk reportedly made multiple mysterious donations in Heard’s name, totaling almost $1M. Why? A secret baby is a pretty good motivation. Heard and Depp were already involved in a bitter divorce proceeding in 2017, so the father of Heard’s baby wasn’t Johnny Depp.
How did Grimes feel about all of this? How would you feel if your boyfriend, who was supposedly very busy at work, was actually busy making babies? Three months after Heard’s baby was born, Grimes and Elon Musk split up. Coincidence? Maybe not.
Elon Musk Cheated On Grimes With Shivon Zilis, One Of His Top Executives At Neuralink
Speaking of making babies, multiple reports state that Elon Musk had twins with one of his top executives. Shivon Zilis, the director of operations and special projects at Neuralink, gave birth to twins just a few weeks before Musk’s baby with Grimes was born.
The timing of their birth definitely raised eyebrows.The twins were born in November 2021, only weeks before the birth of Musk’s second child with Grimes in December.
And if Musk really is the father of Amber Heard’s baby, that means Musk fathered four children with three different women in 2021.
Musk has been an outspoken proponent of raising the human birth rate. Maybe he’s trying to solve the problem all by himself. After news broke of the birth of his children with Shivon Zilis, Musk tweeted, “Doing my best to help the underpopulation crisis. A collapsing birth rate is the biggest danger civilization faces by far.”
Grimes’ Personal Identity Was Reduced To Just Being Known As ‘Elon Musk’s Girlfriend’
Something historic happened while Grimes and Musk were dating. Musk’s fortune grew exponentially during COVID from $24 billion to $219 billion, making him the richest person in modern history.
Grimes’ identity changed as well while they were together. As Musk’s fame and fortune grew, she began to disappear in his shadow. She was now primarily known as Elon Musk’s girlfriend, not a revolutionary musician and fashion influencer.
Can anyone really respect your accomplishments when you’re dating Elon Musk, a man so wealthy that he can buy whatever you want, including success? By breaking up with Musk, she now has an opportunity to be herself again.
Elon Musk Devolved From A Lovable Tech Icon, To A Conservative Troll While He Was Dating Grimes
Another probable reason for the Elon Musk Grimes split is how the couple also appeared to grow apart politically while they were dating.
Grimes is so far left that she has tried to live without currency and even prefers to sleep in tents while on tour. She is accepting of others, fluid in her sexuality, and not prone to shitposting on Twitter, like Musk.
In contrast, Musk’s tweets shockingly became more and more right-winged, misogynistic, and nasty while he was dating Grimes. His conservative voice is in direct contrast to Grimes’ softer and caring personality.
How did the world’s wealthiest man go from a rich genius hero reminiscent of Tony Stark, to a real-life Dr. Evil? Here’s a collection of some of the more embarrassing things that Musk shared online during their relationship:
- August 7, 2018: Musk uses Twitter to engage in securities fraud.
- March 6, 2020: As the world started to lockdown for COVID-19, Musk tweeted that people who were worried about the virus were “dumb“.
- March 19, 2020: Musk incorrectly predicts that the United States would have “close to zero new cases” of COVID-19 by the end of April 2020.
- July 2020: Musk implies that SEC is an acronym that stands for: Suck Elon’s Cock
- July 2020: Musk joins on the conservative anti-pronoun bandwagon and tweets “Pronouns suck“. Grimes replies “I love you, but please turn off ur phone… I cannot support hate. Please stop this. I know this isn’t your heart.”
- March 12, 2021: Musk amplifies anti-vaccine propaganda when he incorrectly stated that there were “quite a few negative reactions” to getting a second COVID-19 shot.
- October 29, 2021: Musk announces on Twitter that he wants to start a University called the Texas Institute of Technology and Science. The school’s acronym is TITS. He’s not serious, it’s just a boob joke.
- November 2021: Musk trolls Senator Bernie Sanders by tweeting “I keep forgetting that you’re still alive” after Sanders says he thinks the richest man in the world should pay more in taxes.
- December 2021: Tweeting misogynistic things at Senator Elizabeth Warren because she said he should pay more in taxes
- December 2021: Musk joins conservatives in saying that the U.S. government shouldn‘t provide subsidies to companies. His anti-subsidies stance comes off as hypocritical after his various companies receive billions in subsidies from the U.S. government during COVID.
- February 16, 2022: Musk shows support to the right-wing Trucker Freedom Convoy when he compares Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau to Hitler. He later deleted the tweet after the Auschwitz Memorial replied to him.
- April 2, 2022: Tweets a meme making fun of John Lennon’s assignation.
- April 3, 2022: Musk teases people for not having kids. Twitter users reply complaining they can’t afford to have kids.
- March 14, 2022: Musk shares an anti-transgender meme just as news starts to break that his girlfriend has left him for a transgender woman.
Was Grimes Secretly Dating Both Chelsea Manning And Musk At The Same Time?
Three months after the birth of her second child with Musk, Grimes announced that their relationship had ended. But what she didn’t disclose was that she already had a new partner.
On March 10, 2022, Grimes announced her separation from Musk on Twitter. Then the very next day on March 11, 2022, PageSix broke the news that Grimes had started dating the notorious trans woman whistleblower, Chelsea Manning. According to their source, the pair were “getting serious”.
But were they getting serious before Musk and Grimes officially split? Musk has no problem sticking his dipstick in multiple pots at once, but it’s doubtful he’d approve of Grimes dating Chelsea Manning and himself at the same time.
Chelsea Manning is an interesting rebound choice, especially after dating the world’s richest man. Manning served seven years in military prison between 2010 and 2017 for leaking classified information to WikiLeaks. While in prison, the biological male born as Bradley Manning announced in 2013 that they were changing genders and names to Chelsea Manning. It’s quite the story and Manning has a memoir called “README.txt.” that details her experiences.
The Real Reasons Behind The Elon Musk Grimes Split
We may never know the full story behind the Elon Musk Grimes split. Perhaps it wasn’t just one thing, but a combination of all the reasons presented in this article. What do you think? Why did Elon Musk and Grimes break up? Too many lies? Unfaithful partners? Chelsea Manning? Let us know in the comments.