From slim and lightweight to free global wireless coverage, here are all of the reasons to love Amazon’s Kindle 2 Global Wireless Edition eBook reader, also known as the K2.
Reason To Love The Kindle 2
- Slim: Just over 1/3 of an inch, as thin as most magazines
- Lightweight: At 10.2 ounces, lighter than a typical paperback
Books in Under 60 Seconds: Get books delivered wirelessly in less than 60 seconds; no PC required
- 3G Wireless: 3G wireless lets you download books right from your Kindle; no annual contracts, no monthly fees, and no hunting for WiFi hotspots
- Global Coverage: Enjoy 3G wireless coverage at home or abroad in over 100 countries.
- Paper-Like Display: The white back-lit screen reads like real paper without glare, even in bright sunlight
- Carry Your Library: Holds up to 1,500 books
- Longer Battery Life: Now read for up to 1 week on a single charge with wireless on, a significant improvement from the previous battery life of 4 days
- Built-In PDF Reader: Your Kindle can now display PDF documents natively. Native PDF support allows you to carry and read all of your personal and professional documents on the go.
- Read-to-Me: With the new experimental Text-to-Speech feature, Kindle can read newspapers, magazines, blogs, and books out loud to you, unless the book’s rights holder made the feature unavailable
- Free Book Samples: Download and read first chapters for free before you decide to buy
- Large Selection: Over 360,000 books, including New York Times® Best Sellers, plus U.S. and international newspapers, magazines, and blogs.
- Low Book Prices: New York Times Best Sellers and New Releases are only $9.99, unless marked otherwise. When traveling abroad, you can download books wirelessly from the Kindle Store or your Archived Items. U.S. customers will be charged a fee of $1.99 for international downloads.