Get ready to enter the fashion jungle. Here are the best The Devil Wears Prada quotes from the 2006 film starring Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway.
The world of fashion is a dog-eat-dog world. And when you work within this field you can find yourself being raked over the coals by your boss or others within the field, as in The Devil Wears Prada.
The film tells the story of a Northwestern Graduate named Andy, who finds herself working for Runway Magazine. Although, she isn’t the most fashion-forward person when it comes to what she wears and quickly finds herself in over her head.
As the movie unveils, it becomes clear Andy has no idea that she is working for the one and only Miranda Priestly, not the nicest of bosses in the world. Both of these women work their onscreen magic producing some unforgettable Devil Wears Prada quotes.
Picking The Best Devil Wears Prada Quotes
Be warned, reading these great quotes from The Devil Wears Prada movie will probably make you want to watch the film all over again. Get ready to enter the fashion jungle. Here are the best The Devil Wears Prada quotes from the 2006 film starring Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Stanley Tucci, Simon Baker, Adrian Grenier, and Emily Blunt.
My Coffee Isn’t Here
This quote from The Devil Wears Prada perfectly details that Miranda expects her staff to have what she needs when she needs it and not a moment later.
- Miranda: Is there some reason that my coffee isn’t here? Has she died or something?
Details Of Your Incompetence Do Not Interest Me
This line depicts Streep’s character and further solidifies her rigid demeanor as she walks with her assistant letting her know that failures aren’t of her concern.
- Miranda: Details of your incompetence do not interest me.
The Hideous Skirt Convention
Assistant Emily finds herself being catty with Andy when Andy lets her know that she has a prior engagement to attend to.
- Emily: Oh I’m sorry, do you have some prior commitment? Some hideous skirt convention that you have to go to?
Hire The Smart, Fat Girl
This line takes place when Miranda is inclined to let Andy know she has failed yet again.
- Miranda: I said to myself, go ahead. Take a chance. Hire the smart, fat girl.
Can You Spell Gabbana?
It is clear that Andy had no idea what she was getting into when she was hired for this job.
- Andy: Can you please spell ‘Gabbana’?
NERD NOTE: Dolce & Gabbana is an Italian fashion company that was founded by Italian designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana in 1985. The company is one of the most respected and successful fashion brands in the world. In 2018, Dolce & Gabbana employed over 3,000 people and generated $1.3B dollars.
Your First Pair Of Jimmy Choos
Emily talking to Andy about how the clothes went to her head and changed her.
- Emily: You sold your soul to the devil when you put on your first pair of Jimmy Choos. I saw it.
You Have No Style Or Sense Of Fashion
Miranda lets Andy know exactly what she thinks of her fashion sense.
- Miranda: You have no style or sense of fashion.
- Andy: I think that depends on…
- Miranda: No, no, that wasn’t a question.
Bore Someone Else With Your Questions
Andy realizes Presley isn’t the one to bother with minuscule details.
- Andy: What kind of skirts?
- Miranda: Please bore someone else with your, questions.
Everybody Wants To Be Us
Miranda lets Andy know that at times you have to do things that aren’t exactly nice.
- Andy: I mean, what if I don’t want to live the way you live?
- Miranda: Oh don’t be ridiculous, Andrea. Everybody wants this. Everybody wants to be us.
Florals For Spring
This quote from The Devil Wears Prada fully embodies the sarcasm of Meryl Streep’s character.
- Miranda: Florals, for Spring? Groundbreaking.
The Best Devil Wears Prada Quotes
We hope that you’ve enjoyed reading these Devil Wears Prada quotes almost as much as you enjoyed watching the movie. And if we missed any of your favorite quotes from the movie The Devil Wears Prada, then please let us know in the comments.
Also, if you like movie quotes, then check out some of these other great articles:
Leave a Reply