In November 2017, a group of US Navy pilots used the condensed air trail behind their aircraft to draw a giant “sky penis” over Okanogan County in Washington State. The sophomoric stunt both entertained and angered residents. After a careful review, the US Navy decided to release the cockpit audio of the sky penis incident… and it’s hilarious.
WARNING: This article discusses details and contains both NSFW language and images that some people may find offensive. Reader discretion is advised.
The Funniest Cockpit Audio Excerpts From The Sky Penis Incident
Here’s the official audio from the sky penis incident. As you can hear, the two pilots from the Navy’s esteemed Electronic Attack Squadron 130, had a great time executing the stunt.
The entire sky penis audio recording is hilarious. But here ate the funniest moments:
- Co-Pilot: “Draw a giant penis. That would be awesome.”
- Pilot: “What did you do on your flight? Oh, we turned dinosaurs into sky penises.”
- Co-Pilot: “You should totally try to draw a penis.”
- Pilot: “I could definitely draw one, that would be easy.”
- Pilot: “I could basically draw a figure eight and turn around and come back. I’m gonna go down, grab some speed and hopefully get out of the contrail layer so they’re not connected to each other.”
- Pilot: “Dude, that would be so funny.”
- Pilot: “Airliner’s coming back on their way into Seattle, just this big f*ing, giant penis.”
- Co-Pilot: “We could almost draw a vein in the middle of it too.”
- Pilot: “Balls are going to be a little lopsided.”
- Pilot: “Balls are complete. I just gotta navigate a little bit over here for the shaft.”
- Co-Pilot: “Which way is the shaft going?”
- Pilot: “The shaft will go to the left.”
- Co-Pilot: “It’s gonna be a wide shaft.”
- Pilot: “I don’t wanna make it just like 3 balls.”
- Co-Pilot: “Oh, the head of that penis is going to be thick.”
US Navy Sky Penis Confuses Social Media Users
Residents of Okanogan County, Washington were very confused about why a giant penis was in the sky above them. Several of them took photos of the “sky penis” and shared them online.
Official Apology For US Navy Sky Penis Stunt
It didn’t take long for the sky penis to go from a social media trend to the lead story on the local news. The incident immediately put the Navy into damage control mode. A spokesperson at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island issued this apology to the public.
“The Navy holds its aircrew to the highest standards and we find this absolutely unacceptable, of zero training value and we are holding the crew accountable.”
Why Did They Do It?
According to the Navy Times, the Navy pilots drew the sky penis just for their own amusement. They didn’t even think it would be visible from the ground.
According to their commanding officers, the Top Gun pilots are “whiz kids” and a highly respected part of the Navy. The two pilots have not been identified publicly.
What do you think? Was this just a silly stunt or should the pilots be grounded?