From “Anything different is good.” to “Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn’t one today.”, here are Bill Murray’s best Groundhog Day quotes.
Did you know that Groundhog Day is Bill Murray‘s 8th-highest grossing movie? After all, this 1993 movie earned about $71 million ever since its release. Its premise is simple — Murray plays a weatherman that becomes trapped in a time loop. Part of what makes this movie so great is all of the famous Groundhog Day quotes.
Say It Again: Bill Murray’s Most Famous Groundhog Day Quotes
Bill Murray won a lot of awards playing as Phil Connors. For example, he won as the Funniest Actor in a Motion Picture in the American Comedy Awards in 1994. His performance was brilliant. Here are some of the best Bill Murray Groundhog Day quotes.
1. “Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn’t one today.”
2. “Well maybe the real God uses tricks, you know? Maybe he’s not omnipotent. He’s just been around so long he knows everything.”
3. “This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What hype. Groundhog Day used to mean something in this town. They used to pull the hog out, and they used to eat it. You’re hypocrites, all of you!”
4. “I’m a god — I’m not the God, I don’t think.”
5. It’s the same things your whole life. “Clean up your room!”, “Stand up straight!”, “Pick up your feet!”, “Take it like a man!”, “Be nice to your sister!”, “Don’t mix beer and wine, ever!”. Oh yeah — “Don’t drive on the railroad tracks!”
6. “Anything different is good.”
7. “What do you say? What do you say? You little brat! You’ve never thanked me! I’ll see you tomorrow. Maybe.”
8. ” We mustn’t keep our audience waiting.”
9. “OK, campers, rise, and shine, and don’t forget your booties ’cause it’s cold out there. It’s cold out there every day.”
10. “There is no way that this winter is ever going to end as long as this groundhog keeps seeing his shadow. I don’t see any other way out. He’s got to be stopped. And I have to stop him.”
11. “Don’t mess with me, pork chop. What day is this?”
12. “You want a prediction about the weather? You’re asking the wrong Phil. I’m going to give you a prediction about this winter? It’s going to be cold, it’s going to be dark and it’s going to last you for the rest of your lives!”
13. “I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn’t I get that day over and over and over?”
How Were These Groundhog Day Movie Quotes?
How was our selection of Groundhog Day movie quotes? There are a lot of memorable Groundhog Day quotes other than Bill Murray’s. But if you’re fond of his character as Phil Connors, this list really shows off his quirky side. Thanks for reading!
NERD NOTE: Bill Murray and the groundhog didn’t along very well on the set. Murray was bitten twice by the groundhog while shooting the film. The bites were bad enough that he had to receive multiple anti-rabies injections.