Want to record memorable moments in your life (up to 5 hours) but wish you had your hands free? Put your phone down and put on a Looxcie ($140, Amazon). This super-lightweight wear-and-share video cam captures everything you see and can share the video to social media site via your iPhone or Android phone. It’s awesome!
It basically records your life from your point of view. Just turn on the Looxcie (pronounced LOOK-SEE) and it will record up to 5 hours of what you see. What if the last 5 hours of recording were boring? No problem. After 5 hours, the Looxcie will start deleting old footage and recording the new stuff.
Looxcie LX2 Wireless Video Camera
Everything from your golf game and a bike race to your baby’s first steps/words can all be captured on video. No one will ever question if you really got that hole-in-one again. Or just leave it on while your driving like a dashcam. If you get in an accident, you can use the footage in court. The Looxcie even doubles as a Bluetooth headset so you can take phone calls too.
If something amazing just happened, like your son just scored the winning goal or landed an impossible snowboard trick, then press the “Instant Clip” button, and Looxcie will instantly upload the last 30 seconds of what happened to Facebook, iCloud, Twitter, YouTube, etc. Or go live! Just press the “Live” button to stream whatever you see instantly to friends and family anywhere on the Internet.
Looxcie Camera Features
The Looxcie camera lets you share your life as you live it. So use your hands for your life, not for your camera. The Looxcie provides a unique combination of features, including:
- Handsfree POV Design: Looxcie lets you record everything you see without missing any of the action, so you’re able to live your life as you record it.
- Instant Sharing: Looxcie lets you instantly share your videos with friends and family with a single button press.
- Continuous Recording: Looxcie lets you go “back in time” to capture those unexpected moments you would have missed with a regular camcorder.
- Real-Time Personal Casting: Looxcie lets you share what you’re seeing in real-time, so friends can see what’s happening while it happens.
- Looxcie App: You can use your Looxcie cam right out of the box to capture and download the video to your computer. But the Looxcie really shines when you use it with the Looxcie apps on your iPhone or Droid. Looxcie connects to your phone via Bluetooth, making it easy to control. Start and stop recording. Choose video clips to share. Even send out a live stream, so your friends and family can see what you’re doing right now.
- Flexible Mounting Options: With its lightweight design (less than 1 ounce) and multiple ear loops and earbuds (included), the Looxcie 2 fits comfortably on your ear. And when you want to take it off your ear, it’s easy. The loops and buds are removable, and the Looxcie 2 easily slides into the Looxcie mounting clips and brackets. So clip it onto your bike, helmet, scooter, motorcycle, dog, car, kids, grandparents… you get the idea, right?
BUY NOW: Looxcie ($140 on Amazon)
Frank Wilson is a retired teacher with over 30 years of combined experience in the education, small business technology, and real estate business. He now blogs as a hobby and spends most days tinkering with old computers. Wilson is passionate about tech, enjoys fishing, and loves drinking beer.