From suggesting New Year’s resolutions to finding the closest bar, Amazon Alexa can help you navigate both New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Here are some fun things to Ask Alexa.
Ask Alexa: New Year’s Eve Commands
- “Alexa, good morning.” Alexa’s response to this query changes every day. On normal days, Alexa’s response will include trivia and random facts. But on holidays like Christmas and New Year’s, Alexa will tell you something special.
- “Alexa, what’s your New Year’s resolution?”
- “Alexa, recommend a New Year’s resolution.“
- “Alexa, help me make New Year’s resolutions.“
- “Alexa, create a New Year’s resolutions list.“
- “Alexa, tell me a New Year’s Eve Joke.”
- “Alexa, do you know any party games we can play?”
- “Alexa, where’s the closest bar?”
- “Alexa, what are you doing for New Year’s Eve?”
- “Alexa, what were your favorite moments of the year?”
- “Alexa, play a New Year’s Eve party playlist from… (pick one: Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music, Sirius XM, etc..)” Alexa will play a fun, upbeat mix of party songs. If you are celebrating with kids, then also say, “Alexa, block explicit lyrics”. NOTE: Amazon Prime membership or purchased music is required to play music via Amazon Music. But you can also use Pandora or Spotify for free.
- “Alexa, what time is it __________.”? Use this command to help keep tabs on your friends and family’s New Year’s celebrations around the world.
- “Alexa, Happy New Year!”
- “Alexa, pop the champagne.”
- “Alexa, launch Fireworks Display.“
- “Alexa, sing a New Year’s song.”
- “Alexa, announce Happy New Year!”
- “Alexa, sing Auld Lang Syne” A group of Amazon employees got together to record the famous farewell song Auld Lang Syne (pronounced “auld lang sign”).
- “Alexa, kiss me.”
- “Alexa, how do you cure a hangover?”
More Things To Ask Alexa On New Years?
Did you know that you can also ask Alexa to do a New Year’s Eve countdown for you on any Amazon device including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Spot or Echo Show? There are several countdown skills for Alexa that will let you do a New Year’s Eve countdown on demand, just in case you have small kids or someone who is too drunk to make it to midnight.
Do you know of any more fun Alexa commands? Please share them with us in the comments, and we will consider adding them to this article. Thanks so much for visiting our site. Happy New Year!
NERD NOTE: Alexa’s predecessor was a Polish voice assistant named Ivona. Amazon purchased the technology that powered Ivona in 2013 and used it to create Alexa. Popular sci-fi films and movies like Star Trek and 2001:A Space Odyssey helped inspire the developers for both Alexa and Ivona.