Do you know someone who loves both bacon and roses? Here’s an ultimate gift idea: bacon roses. It’s a delicious and creative way to say “I Love You.”
- Fake flowers: (1) dozen
- Thick cut bacon: (1) pack
- Toothpicks: (1) box
Instructions: How To Make Bacon Roses
- Preheat your kitchen oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Tear off the plastic flower petals off the fake flowers until you’re left with a bare stem. Push down the plastic ring to reveal the wire. Like a giant metal toothpick, the wire will make it easier for the bacon roll to sit on.
- Take a strip of bacon and roll it up tightly to form a rosette.
- Secure the rosette with two toothpicks. Spear the rosette as close to the bottom as you can, to form a cross. Place the rose on a wire rack on top of a foil-lined tray. Repeat.
- Place your tray of bacon rosettes into the oven. Bake 45-55 minutes until they are delicious looking.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the bacon rosettes cool.
- Once cool, take each bacon rosette and wiggle it onto the wire stem. Repeat until the whole bunch is complete.
- Give it to someone you love!
Good Luck Making Your Bacon Roses!
If you decide to make a bouquet of bacon roses, then please share some photos with us. We look forward to seeing your creations. Hopefully, someone will give Amy Vernon, The Bacon Queen, a dozen of these for Valentine’s Day! (husband hint).