Do you know someone who loves both bacon and roses? Here’s an ultimate gift idea: bacon roses. It’s a delicious and creative way to say “I Love You.”
At first glance, these “flowers” look similar to real roses, which are lovely on their own. But upon closer inspection, it’s obvious that they are actually a perfectly curled, golden, bacon treat. Luckily for us, they are also really easy to make to home.
- Fake flowers: (1) dozen
- Thick cut bacon: (1) pack — For a healthier option, feel free to substitute turkey bacon or veggie bacon. Results will vary.
- Toothpicks: (1) box
Instructions: How To Make Bacon Roses
- Preheat your kitchen oven to 375º Fahrenheit.
- Tear off the plastic flower petals off the fake flowers until you’re left with a bare stem. Push down the plastic ring to reveal the wire. Like a giant metal toothpick, the wire will make it easier for the bacon roll to sit on.
- Take a strip of bacon and roll it up tightly to form a rosette.
- Secure the rosette with two toothpicks. Spear the rosette as close to the bottom as you can, to create a cross. Place the rose on a wire rack on top of a foil-lined tray. Repeat.
- Place your tray of bacon rosettes into the oven. Bake 45-55 minutes until they are delicious looking.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the bacon rosettes cool.
- Once cool, take each bacon rosette and wiggle it onto the wire stem. Repeat until the bunch is complete.
- Give it to someone you love!
Good Luck Making Your Bacon Roses!
If you decide to make a bouquet of bacon roses, then please share some photos with us. We look forward to seeing your creations. Hopefully, someone will give Amy Vernon, The Internet Bacon Queen, a dozen of these for Valentine’s Day! (husband hint).
Do you need to write some romantic love letters but not sure where to start? Here’s an easy love letter template that you can personalize.