Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
At regular points in your life, you will probably either feel compelled or be asked to write some romantic love letters. It’s one of the nicest things that you can do for that special someone. They will love reading about your feelings and cherish your letter for years to come.
The hard part is writing the damn letter. Don’t worry, here’s a romantic love letter template that will help you out.
The Anatomy Of A Romantic Love Letter
The love letter template is simple: Greeting + Perfect Opening Line + Romantic Musings + Closing Line = Romantic Love Letter. Just mix and match these lines below to build an easy romantic love letter that you can personalize.
We’ve compiled the bold lines from this article below to create a couple of romantic love letter examples. Scroll down to the end of this article to see our love letters.
This is a love letter, right? So don’t start off your letter with “Dear _____,” or something else formal or cold. The greeting of your romantic love letter should say something like, “To the love of my life” or “To the most beautiful woman in the world.”
- My dearest love,
- To my adorable _______,
- My Sweetheart,
- To my true love ______,
- My beautiful wife _______,
- To the love of my life,
- To my wonderful husband,
The Perfect Opening Line Of Your Romantic Love Letter
After the greeting, is the opening line. This is the first sentence of the first paragraph. You want to start off strong and compel your reading to read more. This will be one of the most important parts of your love letter.
So what should you write for the perfect opening line? Why are you writing this letter? Is this a special occasion or were you just so overwhelmed with emotion that you just had to write it all down?
- I’m so in love with you that I just had to let you know.
- This will be our first of many Valentine’s Days together and I couldn’t be more excited.
- Spending every moment together during the Coronavirus quarantine has just made my love for you grow stronger.
- I just wanted you to know how much I love you on your birthday.
Main Paragraph: Romantic Musings
Let’s get to the point. Add some romantic musings about your partner. Describe how you feel about them, be yourself and speak from your heart. Mix and match several of these lines, customize them and add them to your main paragraph.
- Do you know when I realized that I love you? When I saw you as the woman with whom I will spend forever and eternity.
- Do you know why my world is so perfect? Because you are in it!
- ‘I love you’ will never be enough to express just how much I really feel for you.
- Your love is the most precious gift in the universe.
- You are my dream come true. I haven’t met anyone more intelligent, romantic, sweet, or understanding than you. I still cannot understand why I deserve such happiness, but I am so thankful that our lives collided.
- You are everything I’ve ever wanted in a partner.
- When I close my eyes, I see your face. You are the best part of me, and I love you more than I ever thought possible.
- Fate brought us together for a reason. We are perfect together.
- Forever isn’t long enough with you.
- Everything is perfect as long as you are in my arms.
- Meeting you was the most important thing that has ever happened to me.
- I feel so incredibly lucky right now. Together we are working hard at ______. But it’s not just the extra time together that makes me feel so lucky; it’s _________.
- I feel so lucky when I’m in your arms, holding you so tightly that I can feel your heart beating.
- Every morning that I wake up next to you my heart is filled with both anticipation and joy.
- Every day that we spend together is another opportunity for us to express our incredible love for each other.
The key to the closing line is to keep it simple but make it personal. You should probably avoid being cheesy and saying something like this Principal Rooney’s line, “Pucker up buttercup,” from Ferris Buller’s Day Off.
Conclude your love letter with something sweet and romantic and then sign your name at the bottom.
- With all my love always,
- My love for you will last forever,
- I love you more than anything else in this world,
- My world is perfect as long as you are in it,
- The best moment of my life was when I first laid eyes on you,
- Your love is the most precious gift in the universe.
- You are a passionate lover, a caring partner, and a true friend! I am the luckiest person alive,
- I love you from the bottom of my heart!
- You are my everything. I love you,
- You are the love of my life,
- You are my everything,
- I love you, darling,
- I am crazy about you,
- Have a wonderful birthday,
- Always yours,
- Forever yours,
Add A Scent (Recommended)
For an extra touch of romance, grab a bottle of your favorite cologne (sorry guys, AXE Body Spray doesn’t count) or perfume and give your letter gentle spray. Don’t down it, just a spritz will do fine.
Add A Lipstick Kiss Mark To Your Love Letters (Optional)
Guys, you can skip this part, unless wearing lipstick is a normal part of your daily routine.
Ladies put on some lipstick and then carefully kiss the spot right where you wrote your name. Your lipstick kiss mark shouldn’t be too strong or thick, otherwise, it will just smudge everywhere. Let the lipstick dry and then put your letter into the envelope.
Prepare The Envelope
Carefully place your love letter into an envelope. Colored or decorative envelopes are preferred. Then seal the envelope and write your loved one’s name (and address if you are mailing it) on the front.
Romantic Love Letter Examples Created Using This Template
Here are a couple love letter examples that we created using this love letter template. We just combined all of the bold lines from this article. Remember this is just a starting point. Don’t forget to personalize your letter.
To my true love _______,
Fate brought us together for a reason. Who would have thought that our first conversation about ______ would lead to _____ amazing years together?
I feel so incredibly lucky right now. You are everything I’ve ever wanted in a partner.
Every day that we spend together is another opportunity for us to express our incredible love for each other. While many people feel trapped by the quarantine, I feel blessed. Spending every moment together during the Coronavirus quarantine has just made my love for you grow stronger.
My world is perfect as long as you are in it. Your love is the most precious gift in the universe.
And here’s one more love letter example:
To the love of my life _____,
I’m so in love with you that I just had to let you know. We’ve only been together for _____, but I never want this to end.
When I close my eyes, I see your face. You are the best part of me, and I love you more than I ever thought possible.
I love you more than anything else in this world,
Writing The Perfect Love Letter
Hopefully, at this point, our love letter template worked and you have a wonderful handwritten and romantic love letter. With any luck, your partner will save your love letter in a shoebox and reread it again and again for years to come.
The next part might be the hardest. You now have to wait for the letter’s recipient to read the love letter.