Back in 2006, Alex Albrecht made a savory “Cheese Pie” on his Ctrl Alt Chicken cooking podcast. It was one of Alex’s favorite dishes from his childhood and I’ve happily made Cheese Pie a new tradition for my family. Cheese + Pie… how could you go wrong?
Cheese Pie is fun to make, only has 3 ingredients and it’s guaranteed to be a huge hit at your next family gathering.
- 1 lb cubed Pepper Jack Cheese (or the cheese of your choice)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 can of grocery store crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cube 1 lb. of cheese and place into a small bowl
- Beat 3 eggs in a separate large bowl
- Take half a can of crescent rolls and spread along the bottom of a Pyrex pie pan. Don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be perfect. Just lay it in there.
- Fill pie pan with cheese cubes
- Cover cheese as evenly as possible with beaten eggs
- Take remaining crescent rolls and lay evenly on top of your egg and cheese mixture
- Bake for 30 minutes or until eggs are not runny and the top layer of crescent rolls is a nice golden brown
- Let sit for 5 mins to cool. If your pie gets cooled completely, just reheat in your oven.
Fun Kids Activity
Since nothing about this dish needs to be perfect, kids can almost make the Cheese Pie by themselves. Let kids help arrange the crust. Even give them scissors.
Another fun part of making Cheese Pie arranging the pie filling. Let your kids “decorate” the pie pan with your ingredients.
Cheese Pie: Optional Ingredients
That’s it! If you want to go wild, you can add some extra ingredients like hot peppers, bell peppers, diced tomato, cream cheese, extra egg yolks, and ground bacon. And if you make a Cheese Pie, please take some photos and tell us about it on our social channels or in the comments below. Also, we’re sure @AlexAlbrecht would love to hear about your Cheese Pies. Send him a tweet.
Via Ctrl Alt Chicken
Frank Wilson is a retired teacher with over 30 years of combined experience in the education, small business technology, and real estate business. He now blogs as a hobby and spends most days tinkering with old computers. Wilson is passionate about tech, enjoys fishing, and loves drinking beer.