First released back in 1995, Pixar’s Toy Story is still one of the best 3D animated films ever made. The Toy Story movies are all full of valuable lessons about growing up, moving on, relationships, teamwork, friendship, and family. It’s only right that we provide you with some famous quotes from Toy Story that helped most of us through our childhoods.
Famous Toy Story Quotes To Help Inspire Your Life
There are four total Toy Story movies in the film franchise. The films feature the voice talents of Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Don Rickles, Wallace Shawn, Joan Cusack, and Annie Potts among others. These quotes from Toy Story were pulled from all four films and will probably give you some major nostalgia.
You’ve Got A Friend In Me
One of our favorite quotes is from the theme song for the Toy Story franchise. Performed by Randy Newman, the song “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” reminds us of how powerful friendship can be.
- “You’ve got a friend in me. You got troubles and I got ’em, too. There isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for you. We stick together, we can see it through ’cause you’ve got a friend in me.”
This scene from Toy Story 2 has Woody talking to Stinky Pete and Jesse about his changing relationship with Andy as Andy grows up. At the last minute, Woody realizes that life isn’t a destination, it’s a journey.
- Woody: I can’t stop Andy from growing up. But I wouldn’t miss it for the world!
This Toy Story quote is from when Buzz is gathering everyone to go save Woody from the hands of the evil chicken man. Friends are always there for each other when needed the most. This is one of my favorite quotes from Toy Story.
- Buzz Lightyear: Woody once risked his life to save mine, and I couldn’t call myself his friend if I wasn’t willing to do the same.
Just A Toy
Woody making it clear to Buzz that he’s nothing more than a toy. Good thing Buzz has more confidence in himself. Never let someone label you and stop you from being more than you know that you can be.
- Woody: You are a toy.
Life Moves Quickly
Buzz teaching us all a lesson about how quickly life can change. The only thing constant in life is change. Don’t fight it, expect it, and adapt.
- Buzz Lightyear: One minute you’re defending the whole galaxy… and suddenly you find yourself suckin’ down Darjeeling with Marie Antoinette and her little sister.
Kid’s Growing Up
Jesse reminiscing on how her child forget about her as she grew older in Toy Story 2.
- Jesse: You never forget kids like Emily or Andy… But they forget you!
Taking Care of Your Things
Teaching Sid to treat his toys better, Sid is notorious for dismembering toys and creating unsightly new ones.
- Woody: From now on you must take good care of your toys, because if you don’t, we’ll find out, Sid. We toys can see everything! So play nice!
Rex speaking on how he would feel if Andy were to get another toy dinosaur for Christmas.
- Rex: But what if Andy gets another dinosaur, a mean one? I just don’t think I could take that kind of rejection!
To Infinity And Beyond
Buzz Lightyear’s tagline became the leading line of the Toy Story movie franchise.
- Buzz: To infinity and beyond.
Going Big: We’re Not Aiming For The Truck
When all of the toys get trapped in the moving van, Buzz and Woody need to catch up. This is one of the most famous quotes from Toy Story and even a popular online meme.
- Woody: Uh, Buzz, we missed the truck!
- Buzz Lightyear: We’re not aiming for the truck!
Depression And An Identity Crisis
Buzz going through a life crisis when he feels like nothing more than just another toy.
- Woody: I think you’ve had enough tea for today. Let’s get you out of here Buzz Lightyear…
- Buzz Lightyear: Don’t you get it? You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!
- Woody: Snap out of it, Buzz Lightyear!
- Buzz Lightyear: I-I-I… you’re right. I’m sorry, I am just a little depressed, that’s all. I can get through this.
Famous Quotes From Toy Story
All of these Toy Story quotes teach us valuable life lessons. Whether you’re Buzz Lightyear or Woody there’s never a shortage of friends behind you to help you find your way. These adorable toys find themselves in all kinds of situations that they overcome together using teamwork and friendship.
Are you a fan of the Toy Story movies? How was our list of famous quotes from Toy Story? Did we miss any of your favorites? If so, please let us know in the comments.
Leave a Reply