Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Apparently some McDonald’s customers will go to extremes just to get access to free McDonald’s WiFi.
Attracting customers with free remote working spaces can be big business for coffee shops and quick-service restaurants. Many establishments like Starbucks and Whole Foods cater to this audience because people who spend a few hours at a location will often order several menu items throughout the day. Even fast-food restaurants like McDonald’s now offer free WiFi and power outlets. Most people take advantage of the free McDonald’s WiFi perk by using their laptop or smartphone. But for some people, like this woman, free WiFi is more important than portability.
McDonald’s Customer Brings A Full Desktop Computer With Monitor To Take Advantage Of Free McDonald’s WiFi
It’s usually good etiquette to only use one power outlet when in airport lounges, coffee shops and other locations that provide free remote working spaces. But a full desktop computer with monitor will need at least two ports. But good news, it looks like she brought a plug strip with her.
Does This Old Desktop Computer Even Support WiFi?
Does McDonald’s have WiFi? Yes, McDonald’s started offering free WiFi to customers in 2010. But even if she’s there for the free WiFi, we’re not sure that her old desktop computer can support it. Maybe this McDonald’s location has an extra phone port that she can use for her dial-up Internet connection.
Theories Of Why This McDonald’s Customer Brought A Desktop Computer With Monitor Into McDonald’s
We’re not sure when this photo was taken but we have a few theories that might help explain it.
- This is an old photo: Based on the decor, this McDonald’s location isn’t a McCafe. McDonald’s first debuted the McCafe in Australia in 1993 and then slowly rolled out the concept around the world.
- She’s the manager: Sometimes managers and business owners will set up their laptop and work out in the open during slow hours.
- She doesn’t own a laptop: Maybe she doesn’t own a laptop and still wants to get online using her own computer. Laptops first started becoming popular in the early 1990s as WiFi access increased.
- Hipster Female: Maybe she’s just a Hipster female level 90 checking her AOL email account using free McDonald’s WiFi. 1999 technology. She’s loving it.
- Anus Burgers Plague McDonald’s Signs Around the World
- Fry Sauce vs Mayo-Ketchup: Which Was First?
- Woman Finds Fried Chicken Head in Her McDonald’s Order
- Strange Items From McDonald’s Menu Around The World
I’m a dog owner that loves poetry, vampires, mountain biking, and cosplay. I’m open to ideas and still trying to figure my SFO life out one blog post at a time. LF ISO SWF GSOH SI DDF.