Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- How Do I Make A Phone Number Clickable In HTML?
- How A “Click To Call Link” Or Clickable Phone Number In HTML Works
- What Apps And Services Support Tap Or Click To Call HTML Phone Links?
- How To Create A Phone Number Clickable In HTML
- Adding Pauses & Country Codes To A Click To Call Link
- Click To Call HTML Phone Links Tutorial
Want to know how to make a phone number clickable in HTML? Here’s how to create a click to call link in HTML and increase phone calls to your business.
Is one of your business goals to increase phone calls from customers? There’s an easy way to make web links automatically dial a phone number from your website, newsletter, or anywhere else that supports HTML. When a user clicks, or taps, on the telephone link, their smartphone or a desktop app, like Skype, will automatically dial a phone number.
How Do I Make A Phone Number Clickable In HTML?
Here’s the basic info that you need to make a phone number clickable in HTML. Keep reading the sections below for more detail and how to add pauses or dial international phone numbers to your clickable phone numbers in HTML.
- In your HTML editor, copy and paste this line of code: <a href="tel:PHONE NUMBER GOES HERE">YOUR TEXT GOES HERE</a>
- Replace PHONE NUMBER GOES HERE with the phone number that you want to dial. For example, tel:1234567890. DO NOT separate your phone number with spaces or dashes, otherwise it won’t work.
- Next, replace YOUR TEXT GOES HERE with the link text that you want the user to click on to make the call. This could just be your phone number or a message like “Click here to dial our main office number.”
How A “Click To Call Link” Or Clickable Phone Number In HTML Works
It’s actually very easy to make a phone number clickable in HTML. In addition to linking to another web page in HTML, you can also make links that send an email or make a phone call. All you need to code one of these special HTML telephone links are some basic coding skills.
What Apps And Services Support Tap Or Click To Call HTML Phone Links?
For mobile users, when you tap on a click to call HTML phone link, it will place a call directly from your smartphone. On a computer, the functionality will be slightly different depending on what operating system and web browser that you are using and what apps you have installed on your computer.
Some apps that support click to call functionality include Google Voice, FaceTime, and Skype among others. Just click on the test click to call links in this article and see what happens.
How To Create A Phone Number Clickable In HTML
To add a “tel:” telephone link to your website, app, or newsletter, just replace the field where you would type your link with a phone number. For example, instead of typing a website link like “https://methodshop.com”, type “tel:516-922-9463” into the link field. If you like bad dirty jokes, then feel free to click on the link below. The phone number is Jackie Martling‘s joke line (NSFW). Here’s the code.
Call the Jokeman now! 516-922-9463
Adding Pauses & Country Codes To A Click To Call Link
Does your company use phone extensions? If you need to add a pause and extension to your click to call link, then just type a “p” in the code.
For bad jokes, call Jackie at extension #69
If you need to add a country code to your phone number link, then just add a “+” and the county code number to your telephone link HTML.
Call the US joke line at +1-516-922-9463
Click To Call HTML Phone Links Tutorial
That’s it. Creating a click to call link in HTML wasn’t that hard, right? Just a few lines of code will help you increase phone calls for your business. Start adding these links to your website, newsletters, PDFs, and anywhere else that you have the ability to add custom HTML code. Good luck!
Leave a Reply