Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- As the editor of a TV show, you probably use a variety of technologies during the workday. What are some of your favorite tech gadgets and why?
- What are some of your favorite projects that you've worked on while with the Conan O'Brien show?
- What are some of your hobbies outside of work?
- Tell us something about yourself that your friends reading this right now won't already know.
- Please complete this sentence: Dan Dome wants everyone reading this to...
- What is your favorite MethodShop article and why?
- Do you have anything else you would like to add?
- We appreciate you taking the time to talk to us.
There’s no denying that Conan O’Brien is one of the best things to happen to late-night TV in a long time. Most late-night talk shows are too busy trying to copy The Johnny Carson Show‘s stale format. But not Conan. He’s been a pioneer with the format and not afraid to experiment with new ideas. One of the things that makes Conan’s show so unique, is its integration of video effects and editing. We recently had the opportunity to interview one of Conan O’Brien’s video editors, Dan Dome.
As the editor of a TV show, you probably use a variety of technologies during the workday. What are some of your favorite tech gadgets and why?
I have an iPhone, Mac Pro, and Mac Book Pro. All these tech gadgets play a very specific role in my work and personal life. Without my iPhone, my work life would not be as productive. Same for my personal life. Without my Mac Pro, I wouldn’t be able to work on some of the short films, music videos, and music recording I currently do when I’m not at my 9 – 5 job with Conan. The same goes for my Mac Book Pro. With a powerful laptop capable of editing video and recording audio, I’m able to do that stuff wherever I want to.
What are some of your favorite projects that you’ve worked on while with the Conan O’Brien show?
Working on CONAN has been amazing. Some of the projects that I’m the most proud of include:
- Designing the entire Post Production facility and its integration with Production alongside Project Manager David Crivelli.
- Pitching and landing the Main Title Design, Show Open, and Branding for CONAN and CONACO with Creative Director – Robert Ashe & Motion Graphics Designer – Eric McGilloway.
- Editing the Cold Open for the first episode of the show on TBS, was awesome and I hope it gets an Emmy Nomination.
What are some of your hobbies outside of work?
I think it’s time to write and record new music again soon. Other than that maybe a desert dirt bike video, surfing film, and or some more music videos.
Tell us something about yourself that your friends reading this right now won’t already know.
My left foot is a half size smaller than my right.
Please complete this sentence: Dan Dome wants everyone reading this to…
… enjoy Apple’s Final Cut Pro X responsibly. The Conan editors got together and made a video that aired on the show making fun of some of the issues we’re currently experiencing with Final Cut Pro X. It does have a lot of promise, but it’s not there yet.
What is your favorite MethodShop article and why?
I don’t have one specific article. I love the tutorials section. It gives me new insight into how to do some of the “computery” things I need to do. You guys also post hilarious articles like this one about the gross Dominos Pizza employees.
Do you have anything else you would like to add?
Insert favorite Leslie Chow (The Hangover) quote here: _____________________.
We appreciate you taking the time to talk to us.
Thanks, this was cool of you guys to do!
- 5 Cute And Sexy Girl Scout Costumes
- The 18 Best Fight Club Quotes To Help Remind You That You Are Not A Beautiful Or Unique Snowflake
- The 6 Most Stunning And Jaw-Dropping Bond Girls
- “You Talking To Me?” – The 10 Most Famous Taxi Driver Quotes
- NFTs Explained For Business: 6 Examples Of How Brands Are Successfully Selling NFTs