Love good old fashioned board games but haven’t actually played one in years? You aren’t alone. People now look to their smartphones, like the iPhone, for most gaming needs. But what if Foursquare and Monopoly came together and integrated the gameplay of Monopoly with Foursquare‘s location-based functionality and social connectivity… and called it Foursquaropoly?
Foursquaropoly players start off with $100k and can buy properties that they check-in via Foursquare. If a property has already been purchased, then players would have to pay to check-in to another player’s property. But be careful before buying everything in sight. You have to pay monthly bills on all your properties.
How To Play Foursquaropoly
Sounds awesome right? Ready to buy Foursquaropoly from the iTunes Store? Us too! However, there’s a snag. It’s not real. WTF right? Foursquaropoly was just a student project. Let’s hope someone from Hasbro Games, the makers of Monopoly meets up with @Dens or @jonathancrowley at a conference soon.
You can find out more about the Foursqareopoly project on Twitter at @foursquaropoly.
- The 25 Weirdest Statues And Sculptures From Around The World
- This Incredible Midair Photo Shows The Perseverance Mars Landing From Above
- Was Disney Right To Fire Gina Carano From The Mandalorian?
- The COLD Podcast Gets Scooped Up In Exclusive Distribution Deal With Amazon Music And Has Been Optioned As A TV Series
- 5 Of The Most Romantic Titanic Quotes About Love