This monkey in the chimpanzee exhibit just made a “poop toss” of a lifetime. Unfortunately it was at the expense of the face of an unsuspecting Grandmother. She was definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time. We definitely feel for the grandmother here, but at the same time recognize the skill of this precision pass by the monkey.
The Poop Toss: Frame By Frame
I’ve watched this 17 second clip dozens of times with the same attention and scrutiny as the Zapruder film. Here’s a frame by frame breakdown.
- 0:00 – The monkey dances while holding a poop in his right hand. The crowd is delighted. They can be heard laughing and hooting.
- 0:08 – The windup. The monkey pauses, bends down and….
- 0:09 – The releases. With a casual underhand throwing style, the money hurls the poop. Fortunately for the crowd the largest piece of poop can be seen breaking off and falling to the ground. Several other fragments continue airborne towards their targets.
- 0:10 – Impact. Chaos. The audience takes inventory of themselves and their surroundings.
- 0:14 – “Yeah, it got Grandma!” Attention is immediately drawn to the nose of the wheelchair-bound grandmother in the crowd. Even though her face is blurred out to protect her identity, you can clearly see a brown shaped object on her nose.
- 0:15 – Continued laughter.
What’s Your Perfect Poop Toss Moment?
We’ve all probably accomplished a noteworthy physical feat in our lifetimes. From a buzzer beating half-court shot to a first-attempt parallel parking job, something will probably come to mind. Tell us about it in the comments.
Frank Wilson is a retired teacher with over 30 years of combined experience in the education, small business technology, and real estate business. He now blogs as a hobby and spends most days tinkering with old computers. Wilson is passionate about tech, enjoys fishing, and loves drinking beer.