Last week, a still kind of recovering Steve Jobs, equipped with a new liver, unveiled new iPods with increased multimedia functionality and a new version of iTunes.
iTunes 9: New Features
- Smarter “Genius” Feature: The new and improved iTunes now makes “Genius” recommendations for not just music but apps, movies and TV shows too.
- Improved Syncing and File Transfers: iTunes 9.0 also improves syncing functionality and makes it easier to transfer downloaded media from iTunes to multiple computers.
- iTunes LP: Looks like the project “cocktail” rumors we heard in July we’re true. Apple and the 4 major record labels, Sony, Warner Music, EMI and Universal Music, have gotten together to invent a new digital album cover format called iTunes LP. These “digital album covers” include extra media such as photos, lyrics, videos and additional songs not available to users who only purchase singles.
- iTunes Extras: Another feature called iTunes Extras gives iTunes users access to extra content for movie and TV purchases typically only included with DVDs. including documentaries, deleted scenes and interviews.
- iPod Touch: 50 percent faster than the older models, smoother game play, cheaper prices, and larger storage. Ability to purchase pre-made ringtones.
- iPod Classic: more storage.
- iPod Shuffle: more storage, available in new colors: black, silver, blue, green, pink and a special edition in polished stainless steel.
- iPod Nano: new colors, a larger screen, FM radio, and a built-in video camera.