Amazon’s Alexa wants to be a helpful part of your New Year’s celebrations and activities. Here are some fun things to #AskAlexa on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
Ask Alexa New Years Eve Commands
- “Alexa, good morning.” Alexa’s response to this query changes every day. On normal days, Alexa’s response will include trivia and random facts. But on holidays like Christmas and New Year’s, Alexa will tell you something special.
- “Alexa, Happy New Year!”
- “Alexa, tell me a New Year’s Eve Joke.”
- “Alexa, how do you cure a hangover.”
- “Alexa, what time is it in __________.” Keep tabs on your friends and family New Year’s celebrations around the world.
- “Alexa, what’s your New Year’s resolution?”
- “Alexa, where’s the closest bar?”
- “Alexa, play a New Year’s Eve party playlist.” Alexa will play a fun upbeat mix of party songs. Amazon Prime membership or purchased music is required.
- “Alexa, pop the champagne.”
- “Alexa, what were your favorite moments of the year?”
- “Alexa, spell ‘resolution’.”
- “Alexa, what are you doing for New Year’s Eve?”
- “Alexa, sing a New Year’s song.”
- “Alexa, announce Happy New Year!”
- “Alexa, sing Auld Lang Syne” A group of Amazon employees got together to record the famous farewell song Auld Lang Syne (pronounced “auld lang sign”).
More Things To Ask Alexa On New Years?
Did you know that you can also ask Alexa to do a New Year’s Eve countdown for you on an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Spot or Echo Show? There are several countdown skills for Alexa that will let you do a countdown early, if necessary, in case you have small kids or someone who is too drunk to make it to midnight.
Do you know of any more fun commands to add to our ask Alexa New Years’ post? Please share them in the comments and we will consider adding them to this article. Thanks!