Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- How To Structure Your Christmas Dinner Toasts
- Christmas Quotes About Christmas Spirit
- Family Christmas Quotes About Love And Togetherness
- Funny Christmas Quotes For Kids
- Funny Christmas Quotes For Adults
- Religious Christmas Toasts
- Christmas Memories & Childhood
- Thankful & Charitable Christmas Quotes
- The Best Christmas Gifts Aren't In A Store
- Good Luck & Happiness
- Christmas Quotes About Alcohol & Drinking
- Great Christmas Quotes And Christmas Dinner Toasts
The Boy Scouts have a motto: “Be Prepared.” And when it comes to making Christmas dinner toasts, it’s wise to follow their advice. If there’s even the slightest chance that you might be called upon to make a speech at dinner, then make sure you have a good Christmas dinner toast ready. You never know when someone like your mother or father-in-law might unexpectedly put you on the spot and ask you to make a Christmas toast. Here are some famous Christmas quotes that also make great Christmas dinner toasts. Merry Christmas!
How To Structure Your Christmas Dinner Toasts
- Keep your Christmas toast short and sweet. Anything longer than a minute is probably self-indulgent.
- Thank everyone. A simple way to recognize everyone at the dinner table is with a “Thank You”. Thank them for things like their decorations, cooking or distances that they’ve traveled to be with you for Christmas.
- End with great Christmas quotes. Pick one or more of these Christmas quotes that are appropriate for your audience.
Christmas Quotes About Christmas Spirit
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over the world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” – Dr. Norman Vincent Peale (American minister, and author)
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” – Charles Dickens (Author of A Christmas Carol)
- “At Christmas play and make good cheer, for Christmas comes but once a year.” – Thomas Tusser (English poet and farmer)
- “Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.” – Edna Ferber (American novelist, short story writer, and playwright)
- “Christmas Eve was a night of song that wrapped itself about you like a shawl. But it warmed more than your body. It warmed your heart… filled it, too, with a melody that would last forever.” – Bess Streeter Aldrich (American author)
- “It’s the most wonderful time of the year!” – Edward Pola (actor, producer) and George Wyle (American orchestra leader and composer)
- “Christmas is like candy; it slowly melts in your mouth, sweetening every tastebud, making you wish it could last forever.” – Richelle E. Goodrich (American author)
- “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!” – Hamilton Wright Mabie (author)
- “Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas… perhaps… means a little bit more! – Dr. Seuss (How The Grinch Stole Christmas)
- “I truly believe that if we keep telling the Christmas story, singing the Christmas songs, and living the Christmas spirit, we can bring joy and happiness and peace to this world.” – Dr. Norman Vincent Peale (American minister, and author)
Family Christmas Quotes About Love And Togetherness
- Here’s to the day of good will, cold weather, and warm hearts!
- “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” – Peg Bracken (American author of humorous books on housekeeping, etiquette, and cooking).
- The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- “At Christmas, all roads lead home.” – Marjorie Holmes (American columnist and best-selling Christian author)
- “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” – Bob Hope (American stand-up comedian, vaudevillian, actor, singer, dancer, athlete, and author)
- “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” – Alexander Smith
- “A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.” – Garrison Keillor (American author, storyteller, humorist, voice actor, and radio personality)
Funny Christmas Quotes For Kids
- “Keep calm and jingle on.” – Anonymous
- “If kisses were snowflakes, I’d send you a blizzard.” – Anonymous
- “Baby, it’s cold outside.” – Frank Loesser
- “I just like to smile. Smiling is my favorite.” – Buddy The Elf
- “Christmas is a stocking stuffed with sugary goodness.” – Mo Rocca (American humorist, journalist, and actor)
Funny Christmas Quotes For Adults
- “I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph.” – Shirley Temple
- “The main reason Santa is so jolly, is because he knows where all the bad girls live.” – George Carlin
- “Mail your packages early so the post office can lose them in time for Christmas.
– Johnny Carson
- “Let’s be naughty and save Santa the trip.” – Gary Allan
- “Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and receipts for all major purchases.” – Bridger Winegar
- “I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included.” – Bernard Manning
- “What I don’t like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day.” – Phyllis Diller
- “Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice.” – Dave Barry
- “The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn’t for any religious reasons. They couldn’t find three wise men and a virgin.” – Jay Leno
- “Santa Claus has the right idea – visit people only once a year.” – Victor Borge
Religious Christmas Toasts
- “And so, this Christmas season, may our hearts with gladness glow, as we read the blessed story that took place so long ago.” – Alpha L. Butain (The First Christmas)
- “Christmas is joy, religious joy, an inner joy of light and peace.” – Pope Francis
- “Let us remember that the Christmas heart is a giving heart, a wide open heart that thinks of others first. The birth of the baby Jesus stands as the most significant event in all history because it has meant the pouring into a sick world of the healing medicine of love which has transformed all manner of hearts for almost two thousand years. Underneath all the bulging bundles is this beating Christmas heart.” – George Mathew Adams
- “And know that I am with you always; yes, to the end of time.” – Jesus Christ
- “This is Christmas: not the tinsel, not the giving and receiving, not even the carols, but the humble heart that receives anew the wondrous gift, the Christ.” – Frank McKibben
- In the immortal words of Tiny Tim in Charles Dickens’s A Christmas Carol, “Here’s to us all! God bless us every one!”
Christmas Memories & Childhood
- “Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveler, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!” – Charles Dickens
- “Christmas is a bridge. We need bridges as the river of time flows past. Today’s Christmas should mean creating happy hours for tomorrow and reliving those of yesterday.” – Gladys Taber
- “It’s true, Christmas can feel like a lot of work, particularly for mothers. But when you look back on all the Christmases in your life, you’ll find you’ve created family traditions and lasting memories. Those memories, good and bad, are really what help to keep a family together over the long haul.” – Caroline Kennedy
- “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” – Andy Rooney (American radio and television personality)
Thankful & Charitable Christmas Quotes
- “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
- “Christmas! ‘Tis the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.” – Washington Irving
- “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone else.” – Charles Schulz
- “Peace on earth will come to stay when we live Christmas every day.” – Helen Steiner Rice
- “Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won’t make it ‘white’.” – Bing Crosby
- “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” – Bob Hope
- “Want to keep Christ in Christmas? Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, forgive the guilty, welcome the unwanted, care for the ill, love your enemies, and do unto others as you would have done unto you.” – Steve Maraboli
The Best Christmas Gifts Aren’t In A Store
- “I don’t think Christmas is necessarily about things. It’s about being good to one another, it’s about the Christian ethic, it’s about kindness.” – Carrie Fisher (Actress, writer, Star Wars)
- “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly Merry Christmas.” – Peg Bracken (author)
- “Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. An opponent, tolerance. To your friend, your heart. A customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. Yourself, respect.” – Oren Arnold (author)
- “A Christmas candle is a lovely thing; It makes no noise at all, But softly gives itself away; While quite unselfish, it grows small.” – Eva K. Logue
- “The excellence of a gift lies in its appropriateness rather than in its value.” – Charles Dudley Warner
- “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” – Roy L. Smith
Good Luck & Happiness
- May you live as long as you Wish, and have all you Wish as long as you live. This is my Christmas Wish for you.
- Here’s wishing you more happiness than all my words can tell, Not just alone for Christmas, but for all the year as well.
- May your sheep all have lambs, but not on Christmas night.
- A Christmas wish — may you never forget what is worth remembering, or remember what is best forgotten. – Irish Proverb
- Wishing you more happiness than all my words can tell, not just for the holidays, but for all the year as well.
- May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope; The spirit of Christmas which is peace; The heart of Christmas which is love.
- Christmas, A day when cheer and gladness blend, When heart meets heart, And friend meets friend.” – J. H. Fairweather
Christmas Quotes About Alcohol & Drinking
- I wish you a Merry Christmas, And a Happy New Year, A pocket full of money, And a cellar full of beer!
- Holly and ivy hanging up, And something wet in every cup.” – Famous Irish Quote
- May your corn stand high as yourself, your fields grow bigger with rain, and the mare know its own way home on Christmas night.” – Irish Proverb
Great Christmas Quotes And Christmas Dinner Toasts
To all of our Christian readers celebrating the birth of Christ this holiday season, we would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy your holiday, and we hope that these Christmas dinner toasts helped make your Christmas dinner toast a huge success. Happy holidays!