Here we go again. The Internets are buzzing with Apple Tablet and MacBook Touch announcement rumors. Could the rumors finally be true?
The Financial Times is quoting people ‘close’ to the tablet project who say the device would have the same capabilities as an iPod Touch but with a bigger screen. A larger screen could make the rumored device a competitor with the popular Netbook market as well as Amazon’s electronic book reader, the Kindle.
Analysts estimate that the gadget would sell between $600 and $1,000. Anything over $500 could make it difficult to compete with the Netbook market. Also, the Apple device must have a keyboard (unlike the iPhone) in order for it to be a viable alternative to similarly priced Netbooks, like the HP Mini.
Will we really see an Apple tablet in time for Christmas? Cross your fingers, but stay skeptical. MethodShop.com has been tracking the Apple tablet rumors since 2006. Here’s a time line of our reports:
- iTunes Digital Album Covers and MacBook Tablet Rumors (July 2009)
- Rumor: $800 Apple Tablet Due in October (July 2009)
- Apple Plans MacBook Event as $800 Laptop Rumors Clog the Blogosphere (Oct 2008)
- Rumor: MacBook Touch Coming in October (July 2008)
- What’s Apple’s Big Surprise? A Tablet? (Feb 2006)
- Touch Sensitive Apple Patent Pictures (Feb 2006)
Frank Wilson is a retired teacher with over 30 years of combined experience in the education, small business technology, and real estate business. He now blogs as a hobby and spends most days tinkering with old computers. Wilson is passionate about tech, enjoys fishing, and loves drinking beer.