I am a workaholic. If I’m not writing or creating video, I am playing with my band Trailer Kings. For me, Labor day is a weekend of catch-up and lots of music. For others, you want to take the time off and relax with the family. So how do you do that? Here are some ideas that will help make sure that you have an awesome Labor Day Weekend.
Prepare Your House For A Labor Day Backyard BBQ Party
Oh, so the Labor Day party is at your place this year? Here is what you need:
- Backyard – You can also go to a park, although most public places don’t allow open intoxicants nowadays.
- Chairs – Anything from foldable chairs to your couch from the living room.
- BBQ Grill – You’ll need something to char dead flesh. A gas, charcoal, or pellet grill will all get the job done. Just make sure that you clean your grill first.
- Food – You’ll need fish, chicken, meat, or whatever else that you plan to grill.
- Cooler – FIll it full of full drinks and ice.
- Sound System – Get some giant speakers and hook your iPod.
- Food Related Utensils – Paper plates, plastic cups, plasticware, etc.
- Friends – A party of 1 is just sad.
- Firepit – Optional but awesome if possible.
Set up the lawn chairs in a circle – normally around the firepit. The most comfortable chair is yours. It’s like the captain’s chair to your enterprise. This is where you command the evening.
You might have the opportunity to make two great fires – one by using charcoal and lighter fluid. The other, that shows off your boy scout skills in starting fire with two pieces of wood, then a lighter, finally lighter fluid.
Set up a music playlist for your Labor Day Party. Here are some classic songs that you might want to add to your party playlist (or just use Pandora to select the tunes):
- Workin’ for the Weekend
- Take This Job and Shove it
- Working in a Coal Mine
- Glory Days
- Get this Party Started
- American Pie
- California Dreamin
- Sittin on the Dock of the Bay
- Summertime Blues
- You May be Right
- Proud Mary
- Gin and Juice
Once your friends show up, throw the meat on the grill. Let the flames shoot up. Don’t forget the barbecue sauce and buns! Also need catsup and mustard, chips and potato salad. Cheese and crackers, carrot and celery sticks.
Go To Someone Else’s Party
Do you love to go to parties but hate to plan parties? Attending a party is a lot easier than hosting one. All you have to do is bring a food dish, a bottle of something, a six-pack of beer and twelve-pack of soda (for the kids), a chair or two (optional), and some bug spray. Pile the family into the car and drive over to someone else’s house. That’s it!
Make It A Movie Weekend
Not in a party mood this year? Why not just have a movie weekend? If you are old school, then head over to the closest RedBox, Blockbuster, or local movie store and rent several movies. Of course, if you have a Roku, you can also watch through Amazon Prime Video or Netflix. Get some popcorn, soda, alcohol, chips, pizza, and chicken wings. Here are some movie suggestions:
- Office Space
- The Godfather
- Napolean Dynamite
- The Shawshank Redemption
- The Usual Suspects
- Pulp Fiction
Go See Some Live Music
Summer is the season for live music. Once the fall sets in, people get busy with work, school, and life. So Labor Day Weekend is the last weekend that we have to really rock out. Go and enjoy some live music with your friends. You might need to bring a chair or blanket for some events, so don’t forget to pack that.
Participate In A Charity Run/Walk
Another awesome Labor Day Weekend tradition is participating in charity runs and walks. If physical limitations prevent you from participating in an event, then considering volunteering. Spending a couple of hours at a charity event might help you feel fulfilled.
Stay In Bed All Weekend
Life is busy. Sometimes we just need some time to relax and recharge. Should you sleep all weekend? I suppose you could. Anything but labor at something, right? But if you are feeling both lazy and horny, then it might just be better to just stay in bed with your partner and try something new. Here are some romantic lines that might help get things started. Don’t forget to order some sexy panties, boxers, and bedroom outfits.
Have An Awesome Labor Day Weekend!
Whatever you do, don’t worry, you are going to have an awesome Labor Day Weekend. Enjoy the last few days of your summer. On Tuesday, the leaves will all be on the ground, shorts become pants and you will have to take your winter coats to the dry cleaners. Goodbye summer. 🙁
Happy Labor Day weekend, folks!
- Classic Video Of Steve Jobs Wearing Shorts While Presenting His New Vision For Apple
- From Stronger Concrete To Reducing Waste – How Used Coffee Grounds Could Revolutionize The Concrete Industry
- The Moon Has A Trash Problem Already – What Was Left On The Moon And Why
- 30 Fascinating Facts About Jupiter
- How The New YouTube AI Tools Can Help You Create More Engaging And Creative Videos
As a podcaster, videographer and blogger, Jeffrey works to convey the geek message. Inspired and passionate about tech and geek life. As a musician, Jeffrey loves to rock the house.