Did you know that Jon Heder, aka the star of Napoleon Dynamite, was also the filmmaker and one-third of the brains behind the cult classic? He and his fellow authors explain the movie is autobiographical, playing on all their personal nerdy and awkward experiences. And guess what? The world loved it.
The film is still getting quoted to this day. We bet you’ve dropped a few Napoleon Dynamite quotes in your time! Here are some fan-favorite Napoleon Dynamite quotes that we still can’t get enough of years later after the film’s 2004 release.
Of course, Napoleon Dynamite has a pet llama. His family wouldn’t have something normal like, say, a dog or a cat. And when it’s dinnertime, Napoleon greets Tina, the llama, with this endearing quote.
- Napoleon Dynamite: Tina, you fat lard. Come get some dinner!
Chatting Online With Babes All Day
- Napoleon: Stay home and eat all the freakin’ chips, Kip!
- Kip: Napoleon, don’t be jealous ’cause I’ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I’m training to become a cage fighter.
- Napoleon: Since when, Kip? You have the worst reflexes of all time.
- Kip: Try and hit me, Napoleon.
- Napoleon: What?
- Kip: I said come down here and see what happens if you try and hit me.
- Napoleon: (Comes down the stairs) Such an idiot!
- Kip: C’mon, let’s see what your best move is… (After Napoleon tries and fails to hit Kip a few times, the doorbell rings)
- Napoleon: I’ll go get it. (Slaps Kip in the face while he’s not looking)
- Kip: Geeeez!
Your Mom Goes To College
When Deb visits the Dyanmite’s residence, she talks about raising money for college. Kip makes this comment, which sends her running away.
- Kip Dynamite: Your mom goes to college.
While sitting on the front porch with Kip, Uncle Rico starts regretting the direction his life has gone since his high school football team lost the state championship.
- Uncle Rico: Kip, I reckon you know a lot about, cyberspace. You ever come across anything like time travel?
- Kip: Easy, I’ve already looked into it for myself.
- Uncle Rico: Right on. Right on.
1% Milk Pickup Line
He may be nerdy, but he knows how to wow the ladies. Check out this casual pickup line he dropped on his crush, Deb, in the school cafeteria. Aww! This is one of my favorite Napoleon Dynamite quotes.
- Napoleon Dynamite: I see you’re drinking 1%. Is that ’cause you think you’re fat? ‘Cause you’re not. You could totally be drinking whole if you wanted to.
My Lips Hurt Real Bad!
Napoleon calls his house mid-school day to see if his Grandma will pick him up (likely on her epic dune buggy). But instead, he gets his brother Kip on the phone, who is at home eating nachos and talking to babes online.
- Napoleon: Well, will you do me a favor then? Can you bring me my chapstick?
- Kip: No, Napoleon.
- Napoleon: But my lips hurt real bad!
Pedro’s Bike & Sweet Jumps
While talking to Pedro by the lockers, Napolean finds out that Pedro has a bike. Napolean can’t wait to take it off some sweet jumps.
- Napoleon: Do you ride the bus to school?
- Pedro: No, I ride my bike.
- Napoleon: What kind of bike do you have?
- Pedro: It’s a Sledgehammer.
- Napoleon: Dang! You got shocks, pegs… Lucky! (Also notices the Flag of Mexico on the back of the seat) You ever take it off any sweet jumps?
Girls Only Want Boyfriends Who Have Great Skills
Napoleon knows what women want. And what is that, exactly?
- Napoleon: “I don’t even have any good skills. You know, like nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills. Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!”
Hey — he still got to dance with Deb at the school dance! Even with his lack of nunchuck skills. We think it was his drawing skills that landed her. After all, he basically invented the liger.
Vote For Pedro And All Of Your Wildest Dreams Will Come True
When it comes time for Pedro to make his student council campaign speech, he starts by admitting that he doesn’t have much to say. He then concludes his speech promising that all of the student’s wildest dreams will come through. Good thing he’s friends with Napoleon Dynamite. Napoleon then performs a dance routine that no one will ever forget.
- Pedro: Vote for me, and all your wildest dreams will come true.
- Deb: What are you drawing?
- Napoleon Dynamite: A liger.
- Deb: What’s a liger?
- Napoleon Dynamite: It’s pretty much my favorite animal. It’s like a lion and a tiger mixed… bred for its skills in magic.
Napoleon Dynamite Quotes For All Of Us Nerds At Heart
This classic film didn’t need a massive budget for it to make an impact. In fact, Napolean Dynamite only cost $400,000 to make and wound up grossing $44.5 million!
Perhaps it was all of the memorable and hilarious Napoleon Dynamite quotes that helped make it such a huge hit. Or maybe it was because we can all secretly relate to the characters. Whatever the reason, it’s still a popular cult film favorite years later.
We can’t get enough of these nostalgic quotes from Napolean Dynamite. And if you can’t either, then be sure to check out some of these other articles.