Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Amazon‘s smart speaker, Alexa, is great at streaming music and setting cooking timers. But did you know that Alexa can also be a helpful part of your Christmas celebrations and holiday activities? You can ask Alexa about Christmas trivia, have her play Christmas music stations, sing holiday songs, tell Christmas jokes, and much more.
Here are some fun things to ask Alexa about Christmas.
Ask Alexa Christmas Questions For Kids
Children find Alexa so entertaining that she can almost babysit. Just give your kids a few examples of what they can ask Alexa and then let their imaginations go wild. It’s hours of fun for kids and some peace and quiet for adults.
- “Alexa, enable Holiday Theme.” – Adds a variety of Jingle Bells sound effects and Christmas jokes to your everyday interactions with Alexa. Say, “Alexa, disable Holiday Theme” to turn it off.”Alexa, sing a Christmas rap.”
- “Alexa, is there a Santa?”
- “Alexa, do you believe in Santa Claus?”
- “Alexa, what do you want for Christmas?”
- “Alexa, open the advent calendar.”
- “Alexa, read ‘Twas the night before Christmas’.”
- “Alexa, how many sleeps until Christmas?”
- “Alexa, how many days until Christmas?”
- “Alexa, where does Santa Claus live?”
- “Alexa, tell me a Christmas story.”
- “Alexa, can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?”
- “Alexa, who is Father Christmas?”
- “Alexa, announce Merry Christmas!”
- “Alexa, Merry Christmas.”
Ask Alexa Christmas Music Commands
If there’s one thing that Alexa is excellent at, it’s playing music. There are tons of great Alexa Christmas Playlists full of Christmas songs to choose from.
- “Alexa, help me find a holiday playlist on Amazon Music.”
- “Alexa, play ____________ Christmas music.” Replace ______________ with the type of Christmas music that you want to hear. For example, “Alexa, play 1940s Christmas music.” Additional options include: KIDS BOP Christmas music, traditional Christmas music, classic Christmas music, 1980s Christmas music, 1990s Christmas music, 1970s Christmas music, etc.
- “Alexa, play music for a Christmas party”
- “Alexa, play family-friendly Christmas music”
- “Alexa, play a Christmas radio station.” There are a lot of Alexa Christmas radio stations that she can play for you.
Alexa Can Sing Christmas Songs
- “Alexa, sing Jingle Bells.”
- “Alexa, sing your new Christmas song.”
- “Alexa, sing me a Christmas carol.” She gets a little help with this request. A guest will help her sing.
Ask Alexa: Christmas Cooking & Kitchen Assistance
- “Alexa, find me a recipe for Christmas cookies.”
- “Alexa, how many calories are in a Christmas pudding?”
- “Alexa, set a timer for _____________ minutes.”
- “Alexa, add ______________ minutes to my timer.”
- “Alexa, what’s the status of my timer?” or “Alexa, timer status.”
- “Alexa, set a second timer for ______________ minutes.”
- “Alexa, show me my timers.”
Ask Alexa About New Years
Sometimes Christmas and New Year’s Eve tend to blend together, especially when you have family visiting for both. Here are a couple of things that you can ask Alexa about New Year’s Eve, but check out this page for much more.
Ask Alexa Christmas Jokes & Games
As any parent will tell you, there’s nothing more annoying than listening to kids tell the same joke over and over again. But Alexa doesn’t care! Give yourself a break and let the kids ask Alexa Christmas jokes until they get bored.
- “Alexa, tell me a Christmas joke.” She actually knows a ton of funny Christmas jokes.
- “Alexa, how ugly is your Christmas sweater?”
- “Alexa, open my gift.”
- “Alexa, what’s today’s Christmas treat?” You can get a Christmas surprise each day until Christmas Eve.
Ask Alexa About Christmas Movies
- “Alexa, is Die Hard a Christmas movie?” (Of course, Die Hard is a Christmas movie. What a silly question!)
- “Alexa, what’s the best Christmas movie?”
- “Alexa, what’s the worst Christmas movie?”
- “Alexa, what’s your favorite Christmas movie?”
- “Alexa, what are some good Christmas movies for kids?”
Fun Things To Ask Alexa About Christmas
What about you? What are some things that your family likes to ask Alexa about Christmas? What are your favorite Alexa Christmas commands or Alexa Christmas jokes? Please let us know in the comments.