Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Amazon’s Echo products can be an entertaining, helpful and informative part of your Halloween celebrations. Alexa can help you with everything from costume ideas and movie suggestions to Halloween party music. Here some fun things to #AskAlexa about Halloween.
01) Alexa’s Halloween Greeting
- “Alexa, good morning.” Alexa’s response to “good morning” changes every day. She will have a special message for you on holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving and yes, Halloween day.
02) Ask Alexa Halloween Costume Ideas
- “Alexa, what should I be for Halloween?” She has lots of clever suggestions.
- “Alexa, what are you going to be for Halloween?”
You can also enable the Halloween Costumes Ideas skill for more costume ideas.
- “Alexa, enable Halloween Costumes Ideas skill.”
- “Alexa, open Halloween Costumes Ideas skill.”
03) Ghost Detector Game
Between Alexa’s built-in responses and Alexa skills, there are lots of fun audio games like Ghost Detector to play with Amazon’s Echo products.
- “Alexa, enable Ghost Detector skill.” Ghost Detector is a passive game.
- “Alexa, ask Ghost Detector to catch a ghost.” If you are around when Alexa detects a ghost, ask her to catch it. You can catch one ghost a day.
- “Alexa, catch a ghost.” Keep asking her and you’ll get one. There are hundreds of possible ghosts. Catching one earns you Ghost Bux which you can use to unlock in-game features.
04) Alexa Halloween Movie Recommendations
Can’t decide which Halloween movie to watch on Halloween night? Just ask Alexa.
- “Alexa, what’s your favorite Halloween movie?”
- “Alexa, what’s your favorite horror movie?”
If you have a video-enabled Alexa device, like an Echo Show or Echo Dot, then you can watch Halloween movies on your Echo. Your movie selections will be limited to movies you own in your digital Amazon library, movies you’ve rented or movies currently available in Amazon Prime if you are a member.
- “Alexa, play the movie Nightmare On Elm Street from Amazon Prime.”
- “Alexa, play the movie _________________ from Amazon Prime.”
05) Ask Alexa Halloween Jokes
Alexa knows a lot of random Halloween jokes. Or you can ask for specific types. These are great for kids.
- “Alexa, tell me a Halloween joke.”
- “Alexa, tell me a witch joke.”
- “Alexa, tell me a pumpkin joke.”
- “Alexa, tell me a skeleton joke.”
- “Alexa, tell me a zombie joke.”
- “Alexa, tell me a ghost joke.”
06) Scary Stories
Like scary stories? Alexa can read them to you. Just install the Boo Bot Alexa skill and she’ll read scary stories to you from the /r/shortscarystories subreddit on Reddit. But use caution. These stories are user submitted and not always kid-friendly.
- “Alexa, enable Boo Bot skill.”
- “Alexa, ask Boo Bot for a scary story.”
- “Alexa, stop.” In case you want to end it.
07) Halloween Countdown
Do you have kids (or adults) in your home who can’t wait for Halloween? The Halloween Countdown skill will tell you each day how many days are left until Halloween.
- “Alexa, enable Halloween Countdown skill.”
- “Alexa, open Halloween Countdown skill.”
08) Halloween Sound Effects
Want to set the mood for your party or haunted house? From spooky sounds to ambient noises, Alexa can help. You can also use Alexa to play a prank on someone and scare them with a scream.
- “Alexa, enable Spooky Halloween Sounds skill.”
- “Alexa, open Spooky Halloween Sounds skill.”
- “Alexa, tell Spooky Halloween Sounds to play.” The skill will play a never-ending loop of spooky sounds until you turn it off.
- “Alexa, stop.”
- “Alexa, enable Spooky Scream skill.”
- “Alexa, open Spooky Scream skill.”
- “Alexa, set the volume to 11.”
- “Alexa, ask Spooky Scream to start in 3 minutes.” Then invite someone to come into the room. After 3 minutes, the scream will trigger and scare them. Or set it with a longer delay, like an hour, before you leave the house to really mess with people.
09) Halloween Music
If you’re an Amazon Prime member, then don’t waste your time building a Halloween music playlist. Thanks to Alexa, it’s already taken care of.
- “Alexa, play a Halloween playlist.” Random mix of Halloween themed songs.
- “Alexa, play a Halloween party playlist.” Halloween sounds with a faster tempo.
10) Haunted House Screensaver
The Haunted House Screensaver skill is made to work with the video Echo models like the Echo Show and Echo Spot. Featuring 3D animations, this skill is great if you want to add a little Halloween ambiance to the room. Keep your eyes open for the groundskeeper!
- “Alexa, enable Haunted House screensaver skill.”
- “Alexa, start Haunted House Screensaver.”
11) Halloween Facts
Make Halloween educational and fun. The Halloween Facts skill gives you a different and interesting Halloween fact. For example, did you know that Halloween candy sales average about $2 billion in the United States?
- “Alexa, enable Halloween Facts skill.”
- “Alexa, ask Halloween Facts to give me a Halloween Fact.”